Confirmed with Link: Riley Nash

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=888345

Am I the only one who missed this? Nash is decent. 900k. Good low risk signing. Connolly replacement maybe? Not sure of his handedness but hes listed as a C, might be put at RW.

Former first round pick in 2007.

Forward Riley Nash signed a two-year contract through the 2017-18 season worth an average annual value of $900,000.

Nash, 27, completed his fifth NHL season with Carolina in 2015-16, appearing in 64 games and producing nine goals and 13 assists for 22 points. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound forward skated in 68 games with Carolina in 2014-15, notching eight goals and establishing career highs with 17 assists and 25 points. Nash set a career high in goals in 2013-14, when he potted 10 goals and added 14 assists while skating in a career-high 73 games. In his five-year NHL career, Nash has played in 242 games, amassing 31 goals and 50 assists for 81 points with 69 penalty minutes.

The Consort, Alberta, Canada native was originally selected by Edmonton in the first round (21st overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
This is a great cheap depth signing. I have always liked his game with the canes, versatile. BIG improvement over guys like Kemp, Talbot and even Ferraro.

BluesTraveler

May 25, 2016
I like it if he plays the wing. Absolutely no reason he should be playing Center when we have prospects who deserve that opportunity

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good depth signing. Will play 3rd or 4th line RW I'd suspect. Legit NHL talent. Another Claude Julien type player.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
He'll do Hayes out of the 3RW I think. Which pushes Jimmy to 4th line duties, the spot where I want Ferlin to be. Man I hope they can move Hayes.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Short term, cheap money for a 20+ pt player. Would have preferred Purcell or Ott in that 4th line rome but not bad by any means.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Nice!!! I think this is our new 4th line center.

Nash has good size, he's youngish (27), works his bag off winning battles and competing, blocks shots, kills penalties, he's pretty good at the dot, and he chips in with pretty decent offense for a 4th liner (10 goals, 25 points).

Been beating the "too early for Acciari" drum for awhile. I think people forget he was a first year pro last year. Let Acciari go down and develop his offensive game. He'll be the first line center in Providence (and they need some quality centers down there or the wing prospects will die on the vine), and get to play in all situations.

CountrytotheCore

May 7, 2009
C-town NH/CT
Nice!!! I think this is our new 4th line center.

Nash has good size, he's youngish (27), works his bag off winning battles and competing, blocks shots, kills penalties, he's pretty good at the dot, and he chips in with pretty decent offense for a 4th liner (10 goals, 25 points).

Been beating the "too early for Acciari" drum for awhile. I think people forget he was a first year pro last year. Let Acciari go down and develop his offensive game. He'll be the first line center in Providence (and they need some quality centers down there or the wing prospects will die on the vine), and get to play in all situations.

It is still early on accari but i believe it was dom or kirk who said if not for the broken jaw he would have been up around christmas iirc. Seems the fo is really high on him in that role.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Sweeney said in his presser he is still talking to chris camp.

well ****..someone has to step in here and take the phone away from Sweeney.

Sorry Kelly but..time to move on.

With Nash, Accari, Hayes, Vatrano, Griffith, Ferlin, Randell, hell even someone like Blidh or Czarnik, Cehlarik, Colby Cave, Schaller.

Have these guys compete for the bottom 6...I know if we sign Kelly, he is just gonna get a free pass to a roster spot and despite his play, will never see the pressbox.

Someone must take Donny's phone...NOW!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad