Confirmed with Link: Riley Nash to Carolina for 46th pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
I wonder if its lost on Oiler management that Riley Nash would be leadijng the team in scoring right now.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
He would not be leading the Oilers in scoring from the pressbox.

Unless our centres were injured he would probably get zero icetime.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
When both Stalls are back, Nash will level back off to a 30 point pace. It was a dumb move to trade up to draft him to begin with.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wonder if its lost on Oiler management that Riley Nash would be leadijng the team in scoring right now.

Not really, Nash is doing well, good for him, Marincin doing just fine in Oilers silks.

No need to make up things because you're bored.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
When both Stalls are back, Nash will level back off to a 30 point pace. It was a dumb move to trade up to draft him to begin with.

Because Nick Ross and Joel Gistedt would be helping this team a lot right? It was actually a good move. The 2 picks we dealt combined for 0 NHL games, and couldn't even establish themselves in the AHL. Meanwhile, in the end, we managed to get Martin Marincin, a young, promising NHL quality, dman. That said, you're right about the other part

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Would do that trade again and twice on Monday. Love Marincin.

Although Nash is good to

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
So........ where is that Shremp thread?

:laugh:

I cannot believe some posters are pining for a player that never would have signed here in the first place.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If I'm not mistaken isn't the only reason the oilers traded nash that he could have stayed in college and become a free agent?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Logic would dictate that Nash gets traded while the iron's still hot. Carolina's long-term centre depth would make it a favourable option.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
He is that good. Ask the Sharks. :sarcasm:

haha ... lots of prescience like that in this thread:

We traded UP for this dude. We could have had David Perron if we wanted

DONE!

2dHNVgS.gif

:sarcasm:

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Not really, Nash is doing well, good for him, Marincin doing just fine in Oilers silks.

No need to make up things because you're bored.

What kind of misinformation are you spreading there Jimmi. He has more points than any Oiler. What exactly did I make up?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
What kind of misinformation are you spreading there Jimmi. He has more points than any Oiler. What exactly did I make up?

You providing such information about Riley Nash in the absence of context is just meant to rustle some jimmies. As people have pointed out, Riley Nash was very unlikely to be an Oilers' player.

Oilers93

Apr 27, 2012
Edmonton
Considering he wanted nothing to do with the organization and the fact that his numbers will likely regress to the mean pretty soon, I'd say getting a draft pick that turned into Martin Marincin is fine by me.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

You're playing loose with the facts, at the very least. You said Nash would be leading the Oilers, something you can't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad