Confirmed with Link: Riley Nash to Carolina for 46th pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Nash? Still not happy about it.

This Marincin kid sounds like a major project from everything I've read.

Nash'll be an NHLer. Not necessarily even a 2nd liner but he'll have a steady NHL career.

Too bad.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm really upset that it didn't work out with Nash, he was highly regarded just a couple of years ago and now we traded him for a mid 2nd rounder, sad.
I guess Tambellini just cut his losses with this trade, what can ya do? Nash had no place on this team anyway going forward.

Calgary McOilers

Sep 13, 2008
Calgary
I'm really upset that it didn't work out with Nash, he was highly regarded just a couple of years ago and now we traded him for a mid 2nd rounder, sad.
I guess Tambellini just cut his losses with this trade, what can ya do? Nash had no place on this team anyway going forward.

It was a mistake to pick him that high in the first place. Sounded like contract talks weren't going so well between the team and his agent.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Very glad Nash is gone. Hockey was always 3rd or 4th most important on his list and he didn't want to be here. He hasn't improved at all over 3 years in college and now he's someone elses problem.

Oilerdiehard

Aug 9, 2005
Pennsylvania
I like Riley Nash quite a bit. I think he will likely turn into a solid player down the road. Too bad the relationship between Nash and the Oil went so sour. It is also a shame we wasted two high picks to trade up for him.

Having said that. I like a lot of what I have heard of Marincin. I am happy to hear he is coming to the WHL.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I like Riley Nash quite a bit. I think he will likely turn into a solid player down the road. Too bad the relationship between Nash and the Oil went so sour. It is also a shame we wasted two high picks to trade up for him.

Having said that. I like a lot of what I have heard of Marincin. I am happy to hear he is coming to the WHL.

This was probably a big + for the Oilers staff when choosing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad