Confirmed with Link: Riley Nash 1 year 750k

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It’s Gustafson turn. Beaulieu replaces Pionk and Gus replaces Nash.

Not sure the money works or if the Jets demand an extra dman for safety sake.
No they'll bring up a D. If there's an injury to a forward on the trip then they'll go 11F7D, makes more sense than bringing up a forward and then going 13F5D if there's an injury on defense.

Reactions: voyageur

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Anyways hope this indicates the beginning of the Mikey Essymont era. Call him up from the Moose once Pionk is back.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Saves TNSE some cash as they don't have to pay him his full salary to play on the Moose.

I wonder if his agent asked for it. Maurice is known to keep players in the PB for an eternity, and if you are at the end of your career and just want to play hockey, waivers is your last resort.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I wonder if his agent asked for it. Maurice is known to keep players in the PB for an eternity, and if you are at the end of your career and just want to play hockey, waivers is your last resort.
They waived him because they wanted to call up an extra defenseman while Pionk is out. I don't think they wanted to lose him.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
They waived him because they wanted to call up an extra defenseman while Pionk is out. I don't think they wanted to lose him.

Good point. Earlier when Hellebuyck was out they had to demote Vesalainen, to bring up Berdin, but I think Ves is solidly in place now. So the odd man out was Nash. Maybe the Jets keep that extra cap space for manoeuvring now, which I thought would be a problem, as the Jets don't do emergency call ups like the Leafs every injury.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Win-win-win
We don't have to worry about playing him again, TB gets some depth, and Nash maybe gets a better shot to play.

Yep. TBH I've been pretty much focused on the first of those wins, but yeah, happy trails Riley. No doubt you'll find your form in sunny Tampa Bay.

Reactions: jetsforever

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Meh they could have sent down Vesalainen had they wanted to, then after the suspension put Pionk on IR and bring him back up. Don't think they're bothered at all that Nash got claimed.
Vesalanien is playing on the 3rd line right now though, and I dont think they honestly expected anyone to claim him. I think they thought he would clear without issue and Im still not sure why Tampa bothered to take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad