Confirmed with Link: Riley Nash 1 year 750k

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Leaf fans thumped their chests on the main boards at the deadline saying he’s elite defensively. Anyone know if this is actually true?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Leaf fans thumped their chests on the main boards at the deadline saying he’s elite defensively. Anyone know if this is actually true?

The JFresh player card posted above suggests strong defensively and good on the PK with basically zero offence:

JFresh
@JFreshHockey

·
Apr 9
Despite playing fourth line minutes, Nash currently ranks 5th among forwards in even strength defence wins above replacement.

Last edited:

Classic16

Sep 4, 2016
We definitely needed a player, the signing makes sense and the value is what we needed.

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers - PLD - Stastny
Copp - Lowry - Vesalainen
Harkins - Nash - Gustafsson

Toninato next man in. Perfetti gets more time to cook in the AHL.

Toninato size, age and he plays center/left I'm guessing he'll play over others.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Agree--solid signing for all the reasons above .

Scored 41 points with Boston in 2017-18. What happened there?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Leafs fans wouldn't know but Jackets fans would, and I can affirm he is a fantastic zero-zero guy. Calling him an "elite shutdown defender" is a bit much though because he has rarely been matched up against the opponent's best. He is a nothing happens 4th liner.

Fun fact: In every year of Nash's 9 year career he has strong suppression numbers relative to his teammates (CA, SA, GA, xGA, you name it).

Agree--solid signing for all the reasons above .

Scored 41 points with Boston in 2017-18. What happened there?

Bergeron got injured and Nash was point per game between Marchand and Pastrnak. Don't expect him to score, at all.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
I think this is actually an interesting signing.

Not because of the impact he will make - I actually think he is a “won’t hurt you” type of player. But, is this a “small” signal that maybe we are turning around the guys won’t play in Winnipeg narrative?

I don’t want to overplay it, but I know that this player is respected in the league, and certainly could have gottten a $750k contract somewhere else. Not sure he factors in, but kinda like the signing

Royale With Cheese

Fuelled by Whiskey
Nov 24, 2006
Roster is shaping up:

Connor Scheif Wheeler
Stastny Dubois Ehlers
Copp/FA Lowry Ves
Harkins Gus Nash
Toninato

Morrissey Schmidt
Dillon Pionk
Stanley DeMelo
Beaulieu Niku

Helle
Comrie

With perfetti, heinola, samberg call ups.
Looking good, but I'm no fan of Comrie. That can't be our backup, can it?

Lawdy help us if Hellebuyck gets injured!

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Looking good, but I'm no fan of Comrie. That can't be our backup, can it?

Lawdy help us if Hellebuyck gets injured!
Chevy all but confirmed comrie as backup in his presser. To me it doesn't really matter who is backing Helle up. They needed a league minimum option and they chose the guy who has had experience backing up helle on the moose, and got helle's blessing. If helle gets injured we make more moves, no different than we would with brossoit backing up.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Not familiar with Nash. I see the consensus is he is an upgrade on Thompson. But is he better than Lewis?

Lewis still had some speed in his game. Plus Stanley Cup pedigree. But from what I'm reading, Nash is slowish?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->