Jordan Harris
Gianni Faibrother (?)
Jacob Leguerrier (?)
Mike Reilly

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Chiarot No Fire is so good, he didn’t make the list.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Even with a good Romanov our left side looks **** lol

Romanov, Mete, Struble, Harris, and Norlinder all have good potential. Kulak should be a solid 3rd pair guy.

So, we need two of Romanov, Mete, Struble, Norlinder and Harris to pan out as top 4. I'm pretty confident at least 2 will pan out.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
This year:
Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen
Folin

2 years:
Mete - Petry
Romanov - Weber
Kulak - Brook/ Juulsen

5 years
Romanov - Brook
Mete - Juulsen

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Even with a good Romanov our left side looks **** lol
It's especially true when you look at the Habs through a fishbowl and don't bother looking around the league to see that most teams struggle to put together 6 quality NHL Dmen.

But I mean sure...let's continue to act like this is the worst D corps to ever play in the NHL.

Reactions: HabsMD97

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Depth
none of them are nhl proven

1 has 0 goals in 120 games and is described as an offensive d-man
Yeah until they are NHLers they are prospects with no nhl games. Who cares about depth if none of them make it.
He's actually never been described as an offensive D-man and he's never been a big point producer, at any level.

He's small, he can skate so people automatically conflate those things to mean he's an offensive D-man.

He's never going to be a big point producer but that doesn't mean he can't be an effective player

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
What? Mete-Romanov-Struble-Norlinder-Harris isn't good? It's one of our strongest positional depth now.

You can make such a list with pretty much any team. In fact we might be below average.

Reactions: vokiel

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It doesn't look average. Look back in three years and we'll see!
Sure, my preliminary evaluation is that Mete will just be an improved Josh Gorges and probably Romanov will be competing for his spot (#4-5). It's nothing to write home about yet.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Sure, my preliminary evaluation is that Mete will just be an improved Josh Gorges and probably Romanov will be competing for his spot (#4-5). It's nothing to write home about yet.

It's not my evaluation. Far from it. It's also not the Canadiens evaluation at all. Mete is 21 and plays very well and you compare him to Gorges. Alright, I guess I don't have to add anything here.

Reactions: 417

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It's not my evaluation. Far from it. It's also not the Canadiens evaluation at all. Mete is 21 and plays very well and you compare him to Gorges. Alright, I guess I don't have to add anything here.
If Mete has half the impact Gorges had with this club, he can pat himself on the back for a job well done.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If Mete has half the impact Gorges had with this club, he can pat himself on the back for a job well done.

If Mete has half the impact of JG,he won't be in the league for long,not nowadays.

Surprised no one has mentioned Otto Leskinen.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Depth
none of them are nhl proven

1 has 0 goals in 120 games and is described as an offensive d-man
Yeah until they are NHLers they are prospects with no nhl games. Who cares about depth if none of them make it.
Maybe he's described that way by EA "Pavelski is faster than Byron" sports, but in reality, no, Mete is not an offensive defenseman.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad