Post-Game Talk: Riding the Turtle to the PLAYOFFS by smoking the Dux

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It could be an injury that causes it. Say Beauch gets injured, the Avs have extra defensmen, but they'd likely call up Zadorov to replace Beauch in the lineup.

Emergency call-ups are for when a team doesn't have enough players. Like Will's call up when Varly was in court. I doubt the Avs would want to waste the elective call ups. I'm not expecting one at all, but if they use one, I think it will be a player they will keep up the rest of the season.

Makes sense. Seems dumb to burn two on Bigras and Martinsen to be eligible for the AHL playoffs that don't happen then.

More I think about it they won't call anyone. They have 2 games in the next week. If another forward gets injured then they have plenty of time to get someone in.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Makes sense. Seems dumb to burn two on Bigras and Martinsen to be eligible for the AHL playoffs that don't happen then.

Needing all 4 is a pretty rare thing, but San Antonio was out of it in all reality. It certainly didn't need to happen. Having only 2 now means they have to be a bit choosy.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Mike Kelly ‏@MikeKellyNHL 10m10 minutes ago
Several valuable metrics suggested Avs were capable team in 2013-14 (5th in Ozone possession/game, 5:17), won their division, Game 7 OT. 1/2

Mike Kelly ‏@MikeKellyNHL 9m9 minutes ago
Not the same this season as they battle for a playoff spot. 29th in Ozone possession/game and near bottom in several other categories.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Just watching a replay of the game and holy crap is the coaching staff still awful at managing matchups and TOI to a lesser extent despite it being a home game. If we had a better roster and made the playoffs, we'd be screwed against a coach that can match lines. The D matchups especially are bad with Barrie/Holden out in situations they shouldn't be (although it doesn't help that EJ is playing like a 2nd pairing instead of 1st pairing dman for the most part), dunno who's in charge of those.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Just watching a replay of the game and holy crap is the coaching staff still awful at managing matchups and TOI to a lesser extent despite it being a home game. If we had a better roster and made the playoffs, we'd be screwed against a coach that can match lines. The D matchups especially are bad with Barrie/Holden out in situations they shouldn't be (although it doesn't help that EJ is playing like a 2nd pairing instead of 1st pairing dman for the most part), dunno who's in charge of those.

I'll admit I was wondering why Roy started the Duchene line and the Barrie pairing to start the third. Led to a breakaway chance in about 15 seconds. I thought EJ played really well in this game, though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I was on the Barrie/Landeskog Goon Squad bandwagon, but I guess I might as well join the Turtle Squad since its starting to hilariously look like every Avs fan is doing it.

Other fanbases are gonna look at us and just be like.... WTF?

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I was on the Barrie/Landeskog Goon Squad bandwagon, but I guess we might as well join the Turtle Squad since its starting to hilariously look like every Avs fan is doing it.

Other fanbases are gonna look at us and just be like.... WTF?

I think its awesome. Most just do a team theme one with logos on them for the playoffs. It'd be hilarious to just see a bunch of turtles everywhere. :laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think its awesome. Most just do a team theme one with logos on them for the playoffs. It'd be hilarious to just see a bunch of turtles everywhere. :laugh:

It should be different than the playoffs thing because we aren't there yet and that's asking for a huge jinx. So this is like this year's version of Cliche mania, which was like my favorite thing ever.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It should be different than the playoffs thing because we aren't there yet and that's asking for a huge jinx. So this is like this year's version of Cliche mania, which was like my favorite thing ever.

Agree, I thought this was just our "push to the playoffs" avatars.

Perhaps we need to go with opponent themed avatars if we make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad