Post-Game Talk: Riding the Turtle to the PLAYOFFS by smoking the Dux

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Lets ride the turtle all the way to the post-season.

giphy.gif

Keep the party going

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Very enjoyable game to watch. Varly just doing Varly things. Pickard is a great guy and I am very happy he is on the Avs. Really have no complaints or concerns other then the obvious Landeskog fear. That pass by EJ was brilliant. Martinsen...love seeing those hands at work in front of the net. I feel like MacKinnon-Boedker are just one game away from going on a tear together. Those two are absolutely dangerous on the ice together.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
2 short of the 15 posts required in the last thread.
The thread was 8 posts short of 1000 as it was locked.

I demand adjustments to the votes needed due to ambiguity :laugh:

Nah, but for real a really good game by us.
We had good breakouts for some time there as the Ducks were pressuring which got us a bit more space.

Gonna have to feed on this and go to Canada for the Western swing.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
Is this the PGT? If so, @ kingslayer, if Landy kept his shoulders down like a real hit, there would be no crosscheck

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Didn't get to see the game but it sounds like a 60 min effort finally!

Just watched that Lando cross-check to the head, stupid stupid play, as much as I don't want him out, he deserves a game or 2 for that.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The hit looks bad, not disputing that, but Despres wasn't injured and I think he laid on a little embellishment (just before the clip in the GDT goes to commercial, you can see him looking around to see if he got a call). I'm having a hard time believing he'll get even 1 game let alone 3-5, seeing as how the DoPS is hard to predict and a lot of the time they base a suspension off of the player getting hit being injured.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Just going to bring this from the GDT.

oXXEJbF.png

I'm thinking 1 or 2 games. If Landeskog gets suspended I would LOVE to see Rants to come up. That would make the season so much better.

Also that Ducks GDT... is the saltiest gdt I've ever read. Even the global mods were sore losers. Makes me kind of wish their team hadn't turned the season around.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I believe we will need to acquire turtle-based avatars for this playoff push...or something goon related. Just embrace the hate.
Seeing all the posts about Holden's icetime in numbers makes me think of Austin 3:16. Now I think that should be our road to the playoffs avatars. I call dibs on Grigo 3:16

Come on guys. We're doing the Wild board's playoff-avatars. :naughty:

Although that Turtle is amazing, and now saved for future use under the title "Avs3rdPeriodStrategy"

Is he good at the end of the season or something?

March is the best month of the year according to Matthias...somehow he has an impressive march hot-streak more often than not.

Does roy get credit for whatever happened tonight?

No. But it is his fault that Landy's such a goon.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The hit looks bad, not disputing that, but Despres wasn't injured and I think he laid on a little embellishment (just before the clip in the GDT goes to commercial, you can see him looking around to see if he got a call). I'm having a hard time believing he'll get even 1 game let alone 3-5, seeing as how the DoPS is hard to predict and a lot of the time they base a suspension off of the player getting hit being injured.

Agreed 100% on the embellishment.

I(Mistakenly) commented in the main board thread that I thought Despres embellished a little looking for the call and got torn a new one.

But I am pretty confident he tried to sale it, he started going down before Landy even made contact and made the look/gesture towards the referee in hopes of a call. Ref was having none of it but in actuality it should have been a call regardless of the sale job.

It was a definite check to the head(Assuming neck is considered the head for ruling purposes).

I think if Landy got a penalty we wouldn't hear anything about a suspension. Because it was overlooked, I wouldn't be shocked if he got a game and maybe 2 because of priors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad