Post-Game Talk: Riding the Turtle to the PLAYOFFS by smoking the Dux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't know why you bother with that main forum thread. It's obvious the most silly posters in that thread are Ducks fans that are incredibly salty about losing to the worst team in the league. So they are wildly swinging.

Why does that Turtle remind me of Holden? Honestly. :laugh:

Because Holden is the turtle.

211szk9.jpg

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Call up Rantanen please. Roy prolly plays Martinsen where LAndy is lol poor Soda.

It's frustrating because the line Landy is on right now would be, IMO, perfect for Rantanen to test his feet again in the NHL. Especially with what should be easier games coming up.

If Landy gets a 2+ game suspension it should be Rantanen getting his spot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Landy was trying to cross check Depres' shoulder and just missed riding up the shoulder to the neck. Landy shouldn't have been cross checking there in general, so it was dumb... beyond that I don't get the suspension. It should have been a penalty.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I may or may not have tested out a turtle shell pattern on a certain seasonal avatar.

I was thinking "Turtle Up" or something of that nature would be nice and short. They look nice but I'm sure I've jinxed it now and they won't be needed.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
2-3 games. Stupid to put himself in the position of having to defend the action. Either apply shoulder and hit through the body, or if you feel you have to crosscheck, do it low enough that it wont have any chance of riding up and landing on the neck or head.

I like that he is playing with fire...just wish he was a bit smarter about fire safety. Avoid situations that might be dangerous (or questionable).

Overall very pleased with the parts of this game I was able to watch. Now that I am working again (for a short time), I will have to do a better job of scheduling myself around games.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Still want the Alfred E Neuman based avatars. "What, Me Turtle?"

(might have to use Lemieux, if we were to go with that idea)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
2-3 games. Stupid to put himself in the position of having to defend the action. Either apply shoulder and hit through the body, or if you feel you have to crosscheck, do it low enough that it wont have any chance of riding up and landing on the neck or head.

I like that he is playing with fire...just wish he was a bit smarter about fire safety. Avoid situations that might be dangerous (or questionable).

Overall very pleased with the parts of this game I was able to watch. Now that I am working again (for a short time), I will have to do a better job of scheduling myself around games.

Yep... that is where he made his mistake. It was dumb, but I've seen a lot worse. Given his history, he will probably get at least a couple games.

I do wonder if it wasn't Depres, would there be as much fire?

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
The rest of the boys are going to have pull up their pants and get things done with Landeskog going to get a suspension.

Hopefully Martinsen doesn't ghost after a good effort last night.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Maybe, since he deserves a suspension, the DoPS will screw it up (like they usually do), and there will be no suspension at all.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe, since he deserves a suspension, the DoPS will screw it up (like they usually do), and there will be no suspension at all.

That's not how it works, this is the Avalanche were talking about. They use us to set precedence on borderline plays because they know there won't be any media uproar.

McLeod who had never been suspended gets 5 games when Kronwall said it was his fault for turning. EJ also with no history gets two games for a routine slash because it broke a finger. Barrie no history as well gets three games for leaving his feet an inch while Despres is completely bent over at the waist.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Landeskog just seems to take the most thoughtless/careless penalties (called and not called) at the most inopportune times. He also got that tripping penalty against Arizona right at the end of the game. Landeskog has to be smart about playing aggressively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad