Post-Game Talk: Riding the Turtle to the PLAYOFFS by smoking the Dux

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think I'd disagree with that. Aggressive yes, but not reckless. Reckless hasn't really been part of his game in the NHL until recently. Usually his hits are picture perfect, and that's how he came into the league. Makes contact straight on and shoves them to the ice, rather than potentially making contact high, or with an elbow or cross check like tonight.

It's not just the hits I'm referring to though as careless, it's his lazy stick infractions. Too many unnecessary tripping calls and high sticks. He needs to get control of himself, because a penalty and a PP goal against could cost them the playoffs. Their chances are razor thin right now.

He needs to settle down just a bit right now, and lead the team by playing smart.

The line between reckless and aggressive is a very fine one. Landy usually toes it well, but he has crossed it numerous times throughout his career. It tends to happen more when he is play well from what I recall.

The stick stuff is a totally different thing. That is being caught out of position or being lazy. That needs cleaned up.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Just got back from the game. Great game. Holden and Gelinas somehow didn't allow any scoring chances that Varley couldn't handle despite being lousy. Also didn't see the Landy hit you're all talking about, when was it? They must not have replayed it on the tron. They sure as hell played the second Mathias goal a lot, never heard the Pepsi Center so loud on the boos.

Lastly, my god, Gelinas should never, ever try to carry the puck out of the zone himself. He tried twice and was easily stripped both times. Roy should spank him like a naughty child if he ever tries that again.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think i'll finally change my avatar i've had for like 4 years to embrace the turtle. I'm feeling it!

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
3PXkS4w.jpg

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So I missed that game. Those late starts are the worst.

Looks like Varlagod is back :handclap:.

We really need him if we want to make this a close race.

Good to see that they finally managed to shut a team out. A good one at that.

It really might come down to that last Minnesota game. Should be exciting stuff.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Got outplayed, got great goaltending, got a few timely goals. Voila! The Roy/Sakic master plan is working to perfection this week.

Everyone is talking about Landeskog's crosscheck, but I really like the way he's played over the past number of games. He looks very good.

Knowing the NHL's legendary consistency on these sorts of things, it's hard to guess what's going to happen to Landeskog here. Could be anything from absolutely nothing, to a moderate fine, to a 5 game suspension. I'm going to guess 1 game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Got outplayed, got great goaltending, got a few timely goals. Voila! The Roy/Sakic master plan is working to perfection this week.

Everyone is talking about Landeskog's crosscheck, but I really like the way he's played over the past number of games. He looks very good.

Knowing the NHL's legendary consistency on these sorts of things, it's hard to guess what's going to happen to Landeskog here. Could be anything from absolutely nothing, to a moderate fine, to a 5 game suspension. I'm going to guess 1 game.

? We outplayed the Ducks, even before we started gooning it up.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Bad hit by Landy. Eyes never left the target, arms extended to the head. No idea what triggered such stupidity.

Should get 1 game, IMO.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

I'm going to go with the ever famous "Did you even watch the game?"

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I think I'd disagree with that. Aggressive yes, but not reckless. Reckless hasn't really been part of his game in the NHL until recently. Usually his hits are picture perfect, and that's how he came into the league. Makes contact straight on and shoves them to the ice, rather than potentially making contact high, or with an elbow or cross check like tonight.

It's not just the hits I'm referring to though as careless, it's his lazy stick infractions. Too many unnecessary tripping calls and high sticks. He needs to get control of himself, because a penalty and a PP goal against could cost them the playoffs. Their chances are razor thin right now.

He needs to settle down just a bit right now, and lead the team by playing smart./QUOTE]

This!

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
TheFactor won the avatar challenge but didn't even know it was a competition. Just saw people throwing out numbers and followed along. Now we wait.

But I love these turtles :laugh:

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Someone with better Photoshop skills should make an Avs logo with a turtle shell instead of a puck coming down the mountain.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
TheFactor won the avatar challenge but didn't even know it was a competition. Just saw people throwing out numbers and followed along. Now we wait.

But I love these turtles :laugh:

If I won I was going to make you use my face cropped onto a turtle's body with "thug life" sunglasses on. It would have proved that you were in fact not cooler than kento.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
******** he was "shaking off the cobwebs", face down on the ice, then looks up is "shaking off the cobwebs"?

Every player reacts differently...

but every player who "embellishes" always looks to see if they get the call or not.

Even when players draw legit penalties they look at the ref, especially when they feel the refs missed a call, such as this case. It's human nature.

Enough of this "If it were [Player X] doing it to one of our guys it would be different" posts too, because I haven't seen anyone who has said it was a "fine hit". There's nothing wrong with pointing out that A) Despres seemed to be looking for a call; B) When one wasn't given he got up and skated off the ice; C) Played the rest of the game.

It will stop when fans stop having a double standard... which is probably not anytime soon.

A) It's never good to presumptuous, even though he's definitely within his rights to do so, regardless of how bad the hit was. Just because he's looking at the ref, doesn't mean he's embellishing.

B) Plenty of players who get their clocked cleaned skate of the ice, only to discover the hit caused severe damage later on.

C) Again, lots of players finish the game and find out the extent of the injury after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad