Post-Game Talk: Riding the Turtle to the PLAYOFFS by smoking the Dux

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If Rants was going to be called up, it would have happened by now. I'm all for doing it, but their last practice before leaving on the road trip is today. They would have called him up yesterday if at all.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Is he from the chicago suburbs? Cause he's played at a crappy Bar not to far from me an awful lot for someone who doesn't live around here.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
I just can't believe that Roy will play Martinsen on Landy's spot. I wonder if he fights for playoffs or best pick in the draft?! I know Martinsen scored great goal but he is just 4th line plug not Top 9 player. I don't understand why Roy didn't called up rantanen. We need talent to fight for playoffs, not just big body who can score a gole once for every 20+ games.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I just can't believe that Roy will play Martinsen on Landy's spot. I wonder if he fights for playoffs or best pick in the draft?! I know Martinsen scored great goal but he is just 4th line plug not Top 9 player. I don't understand why Roy didn't called up rantanen. We need talent to fight for playoffs, not just big body who can score a gole once for every 20+ games.

Whats so hard to believe? Lol Martinsen scores, landy gets suspended. Auto promotion. This is how Roy going to work. I would love Rants up here for 3 and then sent back down but they aint going play dat.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Whats so hard to believe? Lol Martinsen scores, landy gets suspended. Auto promotion. This is how Roy going to work. I would love Rants up here for 3 and then sent back down but they aint going play dat.

It's hard to believe that coach of the team fighting for playoffs didn't called up best available player to replace suspended player who has lots of skill and instead of that he will use 4th liner just because he scored. There is ZERO reasoning for that, it's stupid and it's made his team weaker. I thought he has some vision, he understands that you can't replace Landeskog with plug with wooden hands who just has been lucky and scored pretty goal. Looks like I was wrong.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's hard to believe that coach of the team fighting for playoffs didn't called up best available player to replace suspended player who has lots of skill and instead of that he will use 4th liner just because he scored. There is ZERO reasoning for that, it's stupid and it's made his team weaker. I thought he has some vision, he understands that you can't replace Landeskog with plug with wooden hands who just has been lucky and scored pretty goal. Looks like I was wrong.

This is hyperbole. There are reasons to keep Rantanen down, you may not agree with them, but they do exist.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not trying to say Marty's the new hot thing in goal scoring PWFs, but that goal wasn't just luck. He busted his ass on that and made two really nice plays; first in beating Getz to get the puck to Dutchy, then in putting the return pass past the keeper and into the back of the net.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Not trying to say Marty's the new hot thing in goal scoring PWFs, but that goal wasn't just luck. He busted his ass on that and made two really nice plays; first in beating Getz to get the puck to Dutchy, then in putting the return pass past the keeper and into the back of the net.

It's not like he hasn't shown flashes of the kind of skill it takes to play in the NHL, it just depends on which version of Marty that we see. Maybe he can keep up that level of play for a few games since he's been out of the lineup for a while. I hope so anyway.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
It's not like he hasn't shown flashes of the kind of skill it takes to play in the NHL, it just depends on which version of Marty that we see. Maybe he can keep up that level of play for a few games since he's been out of the lineup for a while. I hope so anyway.

"hulk smash! hulk do goal? goal good??"

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Avs should be able to defeat their next 3 opponents without Landy.

If they want to be a playoff team they need to play like one. A good start is winning 3 games against lower ranking teams over 7 days while being slightly shorthanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad