Rickard Rakell

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'd say being the best bottom 6 forward on the team right now is definitely thread worthy.

I wish his linemates could score a goal every now and then

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Heck yes, he continues to impress. Outside of the top line, he may be the best forward on the team at carrying the puck into the zone and making things happen. Now he's starting to find the back of the net, happy times.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
He has been much better lately ever since he had been sent down to the AHL and then called back up. Looks like he doesn't want to play in the AHL again. Hoping he keeps playing well and can do it in the playoffs.

planetary

Jan 17, 2015
I searched for a solid 10 minutes in denial and disbelief that there was no thread for rakel.

Anyway, he is really starting to remind me of Perry.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
I'll be the first to say that we do not need to trade for a 3rd line center! Ricky Rack is defensively responsible and is consistently looking dangerous since he was recalled. Over the last 9 games, he is averaging a point per game. Not bad for a 1st line player, let alone a measly 3rd line center. There have been a number of people advocating for us to trade for Vermette, but I hear the price is a 1st round pick and prospect, which is too high a price to pay for a rental. We have greater needs than to upgrade our 3rd line center. Rakell has ansered the bell when he was in danger of losing his job. I know he will have his ups and downs as a rookie, but he has filled the hole as a 3rd line center.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Rakell is really good right now. I think he'll be a good middle 6 forward for us going forward.

I'll be the first to say that we do not need to trade for a 3rd line center! Ricky Rack is defensively responsible and is consistently looking dangerous since he was recalled. Over the last 9 games, he is averaging a point per game. Not bad for a 1st line player, let alone a measly 3rd line center. There have been a number of people advocating for us to trade for Vermette, but I hear the price is a 1st round pick and prospect, which is too high a price to pay for a rental. We have greater needs than to upgrade our 3rd line center. Rakell has ansered the bell when he was in danger of losing his job. I know he will have his ups and downs as a rookie, but he has filled the hole as a 3rd line center.

You know we can always move someone to wing, right? Vermette can play wing, as can Rakell. Having too many centres is never a bad thing. And Vermette won't be yielding that much, that's just the current Yotes asking price.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Been real good last couple of games. One of the more interesting/dangerous players on the ice lately. Love his speed/skill.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Last year i thought that he could be a good player but needs some weight. He did that over the summer but the start of the year was obviously dissapointing. I guess he`s now adapted to his body (he gained around 10 pounds over the summer) and playing good. He`s pushing fpr 0.5 PPG pace lately. He will cool off a little, i expect but he`s an interesting guy to have while we go forward. He still should get a bit ''tougher'' i believe he was when he played in juniors

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I've always had Rakell slotted as our future 3rd line center(this season i guess would be the future), started off a little slow in the Nhl... but hes been one of our better players the last month. Every game hes getting more confidence and improving, awesome to see... hopefully he sticks to it and continues to get better.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
You know we can always move someone to wing, right? Vermette can play wing, as can Rakell. Having too many centres is never a bad thing. And Vermette won't be yielding that much, that's just the current Yotes asking price.

I've never been a big fan of shifting young guys from center to wing and back too often. I dunno, it might make it tougher for them to really learn the ins and outs of the center position.

That said, we do lack a playmaking winger, Rakell could easily be that guy if it came to that.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I've never been a big fan of shifting young guys from center to wing and back too often. I dunno, it might make it tougher for them to really learn the ins and outs of the center position.

That said, we do lack a playmaking winger, Rakell could easily be that guy if it came to that.

That's actually what I would like to see happen if we could get a Vermette or a Santorelli before the deadline. Throw Rakell with Kesler and Palms who have looked good together on the PP. Vermette with Cogs and Silf. 4th line of Bels/Maroon-Thompson-Jackman/DSP.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I was thinking moving Vermette to LW and rolling him up and down the lineup with him taking key draws for Rakell on the third line if need be.

Something like:

Maroon/Vermette - Getzlaf - Perry
Beleskey - Kesler - Palmieri
Maroon/Vermette - Rakell - Silfverberg
Cogs - Thompson - Jackman

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I was thinking moving Vermette to LW and rolling him up and down the lineup with him taking key draws for Rakell on the third line if need be.

Something like:

Maroon/Vermette - Getzlaf - Perry
Beleskey - Kesler - Palmieri
Maroon/Vermette - Rakell - Silfverberg
Cogs - Thompson - Jackman

I could see that. This is a solid lineup, and I've been wanting to see Cogs dropped to the 4th line with Jakcman and Thompson. That line would be like an angry hornet's nest. Just imagine Cogs and Jackman forechecking at the same time lol.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

If we're getting Vermette just to be a winger, why not just get a winger? I'm not aware Vermette has been an effective winger but he could be for all I know. And he won't come cheap. Maloney is apparently asking for a first rounder and I think he'll get it. That's not to say I wouldn't give up our first rounder for him but with the way Rakell is playing I don't think we need to pay that high of a price to add a forward.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If we're getting Vermette just to be a winger, why not just get a winger? I'm not aware Vermette has been an effective winger but he could be for all I know. And he won't come cheap. Maloney is apparently asking for a first rounder and I think he'll get it. That's not to say I wouldn't give up our first rounder for him but with the way Rakell is playing I don't think we need to pay that high of a price to add a forward.

I'm not sure what wingers are available plus it gives us insurance down the middle if Rakell for whatever reason goes cold. Yeah he's played LW before.

I'm sure Maloney is asking for a 1st and a prospect but I'm not sure he'll get it. There should be plenty of sellers this year.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I'd have to agree. I like Vermette, but a major part of his value comes at center. At the wing, I'm not sure he's really worth a major return, and I'd rather just acquire a natural LW.

planetary

Jan 17, 2015
Rakell's assist to set up Belesky against Nashville once again reminds me of Perry. He 's not pretty or graceful but savy as hell with superb vision and a nose for the net. I love that he plays with abandon too.

Is it possible he can keep this up or is this just a hot streak?

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
When I see Ricky play like he did today it reminds me of the draft where we traded down from 22 and picked up Ricky and Gibson with the picks we got. As I understand Biggs - the player Toronto picked up has been awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad