Value of: Rickard Rakell to Toronto

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I understand that the current pandemic landscape has made a contract like Rakell more valuable but there is also a flip side. Less teams have the cap space to fit him in even at his low price and ELCs will be worth their weight in gold for most teams. I bet you won't see too many 1st rounders moved let alone 2 for a complimentary player with under 2 years of term (albeit a good one that i like).

I'm also not trying to say the leafs could get him for a 1st +B prospect. Leafs don't have the space this year really unless they do a fairly major reshuffle. I don't think they make any major move until the summer/they see how they do in the playoffs (if they make it)

@Spazkat @Elvs @Habs Halifax @Trojans86

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

8 games into the season, wins are wins, not style points. The fact is the Leafs have the best record in the league and a 50-55 point winger that struggles to stay healthy is not going to alter their standing in the North division. The Nucks blew out the Sens 7-1, that doesn't help them at all other than knowing they're better than the rebuilding Sens.

The Leafs are winning 1 goal games consistently, if the Leafs were winning games 7-2 you'd be in here complaining about how the Leafs are going to struggle in close games.

You just proved my point btw, the Leafs are 6-2 and they haven't been on full power offensively yet at all.
What? They are barely winning games against teams just as good as them, so logically speaking if those teams get better they are capable of beating the Leafs easier. Your logic makes no sense

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I would take Rakell on the Jackets if a deal could be reached

There was a deal to be made about 5 days ago ;)

I'm not SUPER familiar with the Jackets prospects so please have some patience with my maybe-dumb questions...

I think the Ducks would be looking for a mid 1st + good prospect.
How available are Foudy or Peeke?

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
There was a deal to be made about 5 days ago ;)

I'm not SUPER familiar with the Jackets prospects so please have some patience with my maybe-dumb questions...

I think the Ducks would be looking for a mid 1st + good prospect.
How available are Foudy or Peeke?

Peeke maybe

Foudy-- Not a chance in hell, he's starting to earn top minutes among our Forwards, and rightfully so

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Brandon Prinham is very VERY good at making the cap work, I'm not concerned about that.

Teams always find ways to make the money work

You should be concerned about that if you're trying to add $3.8 million in salary. The only guy in that price range on Toronto is Kerfoot and he's a center.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Is this even a question? Like can someone actually make an argument otherwise? Other then Kerfoot being a center...

Of course they can, you can argue anything.

Kerfoot is also younger and slightly cheaper.

Absolutely ANYTHING can be argued.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I don’t se the Leafs trading for anyone with term because of the expansion draft. They’ll pick up a significant rental at the deadline and probably look at something like this in the offseason once the draft is done and the roster is more clear.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Pretty sure this is exactly the type of a deal the ducks aren't looking for. Low end 1st + two dime of a dozen players. If they trade Rakell it should be for picks + prospects, not temporary pieces.
The leafs don’t really have any prospects that’d they’d move for Rakel imo. Amirov, Robertson and Sandin are probably off limits.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
The leafs don’t really have any prospects that’d they’d move for Rakel imo. Amirov, Robertson and Sandin are probably off limits.

I agree with that, it's just that i don't think that the leafs and the ducks are good trading partners for Rakell. Dermott + Mikheyev & a low-end first is bellow what i would look for if i were the ducks. Rackell at 50% (1.89) should fetch something better. If the leafs had a low end teams first it would be different.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I agree with that, it's just that i don't think that the leafs and the ducks are good trading partners for Rakell. Dermott + Mikheyev & a low-end first is bellow what i would look for if i were the ducks. Rackell at 50% (1.89) should fetch something better. If the leafs had a low end teams first it would be different.
Yeah that’s completely understandable I agree

wonder if Lilijgren might be of interest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad