Value of: Rickard Rakell to Toronto

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm not sure if he's available or not, but if the Ducks are open to moving him what would they be looking for?

At 6-2 Toronto is off to a fantastic start but they could use an upgrade at LW

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I don't see how the Leafs could make it fit. They would need to move Kerfoot to fit this in and that would just create another problem. Even if Anaheim retains half we don't really have salary to send their way.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Brandon Prinham is very VERY good at making the cap work, I'm not concerned about that.

Teams always find ways to make the money work

I don't disagree but even he can't produce cap room when it's not there. Not to mention the cost would likely be a pretty good prospect/player. Doesn't Rackell have years of control beyond this one ?

Reactions: Puckstuff

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't disagree but even he can't produce cap room when it's not there. Not to mention the cost would likely be a pretty good prospect/player. Doesn't Rackell have years of control beyond this one ?

Yes 1 more that's part of the reason I want him

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
My guess is with more than a year left on his deal plus the fact they would surely be retaining 50%, the cost starts with Amirov and a 1st. I'm not sure that would be the price the Leafs would want to pay. Especially since he would be another player they would have to protect, thus potentially losing someone of more value to expansion than expected

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
I'm not sure if he's available or not, but if the Ducks are open to moving him what would they be looking for?

At 6-2 Toronto is off to a fantastic start but they could use an upgrade at LW

Kerfoot and 2021 2nd rounder for Rakell at 2.5 M

Then Leafs could trade Dermott for a Centre for approx 1.5-2 m in value???????????

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

Then Leafs could trade Dermott for a Centre for approx 1.5-2 m in value???????????

Kerfoot has little/no value to the Ducks and it would take more than a 2nd rounder for Rakell with retention. Other teams would easily beat that offer without retention (a single first round pick would be more appealing). It would be better to just keep Rakell than to give him up for a late 2nd rounder.

Reactions: dracom

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
As a habs fan we are definitely interested. But Byron would have to go the other way.

Rakell 400k retained for Habs 2021 1st + 2022 2nd + 2021 3rd + Byron?

Last edited:

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
Kerfoot has little/no value to the Ducks and it would take more than a 2nd rounder for Rakell with retention. Other teams would easily beat that offer without retention (a single first round pick would be more appealing). It would be better to just keep Rakell than to give him up for a late 2nd rounder.
And Kerfoot too - who they could keep and/or trade

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
And Kerfoot too - who they could keep and/or trade

Unless Kerfoot is worth a mid-first, it's still too low. A late 2nd and a 3C (even on the Ducks) who's only a year younger than Rakell isn't worth it. Neither Kerfoot or 2nd rounder is worth being the main piece in a Rakell trade, those are both adds to a more better starting piece.

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Toronto Maple Leafs
Rickard Rakell (50% retained)

Anaheim Ducks
Travis Dermott
Pierre Engvall
Timothy Liljegren
2021 & 2022 round 2 draft picks

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Think about the Zucker deal. That cost the Pens a 1st, a prospect Addison and a roster player for cap. Rakell for Kerfoot, 1st and an Addison level prospect is way closer than your offer

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Rakell isn't worth the equivalent of 2+ 1st rounders.

Probably the classic 1st +B/C prospect

He still has 2 years left with this steal of a contract, that increases his value in pandemic times. I fully disagree with your statement. If the goal is to trade him for a 1st + B prospect than ANA can wait next year to move him, you've got to entice them to let him go now rather than next year.

Reactions: banks

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
He still has 2 years left with this steal of a contract, that increases his value in pandemic times. I fully disagree with your statement. If the goal is to trade him for a 1st + B prospect than ANA can wait next year to move him, you've got to entice them to let him go now rather than next year.
Anaheim don't have to trade him but I don't think anyone is moving 2 1sts in the pandemic nhl for a complimentary winger like Rakell. Probably best to move him next year perhaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad