Value of: Rickard Rakell to the Oilers - Perfect fit for McDavid?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Seriously? ...a Flames fan chirping the Oilers? Weak. You guys have made the playoffs 3 times in the past decade , the Oilers once. The Flames have lost 12 of the last 14 playoff games they have appeared in.

Playoff games won in the past decade:
Flames: 5
Oilers: 7

Does it really count if you make the playoffs if you don't show up when the game starts.
The flames have their own problems. Wasn’t trying to chirp, Edmonton has two elite players to go further into the playoffs but could use another top end forward.

Reactions: TFHockey and zar

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
The flames have their own problems. Wasn’t trying to chirp, Edmonton has two elite players to go further into the playoffs but could use another top end forward.

Sorry then, my misunderstanding... and I have known you to be a decent Flames poster.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Not sure what your point is? Other than filling your post with a bunch of angst. The management that drafted those 1st overall picks is no longer running the team, quit leaning on that strawman. It's a poor useless argument. The new GM is Ken Holland. He has a proven track record of drafting and developing rather than selling picks to acquire players, why would he immediately turn around and jettison a 1st round pick in what is considered a deep draft? I expect you have some answer other than - "You guys draft too many 1OA's, who'll think of McDavids prime??".

You're saying that we are in a better spot after trading Eberle and the Barzal pick, getting Griffin, getting strome then trading him away, trading Hall for Larsson, etc. Those are some of the things that lost Chiarelli his job, because he decided that the team was ready for the next step after we made the 2017 playoffs, so he bet it all on black and came home with nothing.

Draft with every pick ever? I mean, isnt the team a going concern? Are we about to stop getting picks in perpetuity?

You certainly have a talent for exaggeration and whataboutisms, probably why your suggesting the team operate like a venture capital firm. Make trades, win all your trades, acquire, acquire!
That's not what a straw man is.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
We'll chirp once more in April.

Really curious what the standings look like by then.

While Edmonton schooled Calgary this weekend in a barn burner the Flames still hold the edge in games won 3-1. I really hope these two teams meet in the 1st round. It would be the best series fans have seen in years.

Right now, while Rakell would be a big improvement over James Neal the Oilers aren't likely to shake up a winning line up.

d0rkwing

Jan 2, 2020
In the EXTREMELY unlikely event this happens it’s an off-season move, likely at the draft.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
While Edmonton schooled Calgary this weekend in a barn burner the Flames still hold the edge in games won 3-1. I really hope these two teams meet in the 1st round. It would be the best series fans have seen in years.

Right now, while Rakell would be a big improvement over James Neal the Oilers aren't likely to shake up a winning line up.

Hmm...

Neal - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

I suppose that is a solid top 6 and Yamamoto has helped you guys get that #6 forward, but I also think being able to move Neal, Kassian or Yamamoto down would help with depth. Rakell is a versatile winger who can also play center. In my opinion, with a cap constrained world Rakell would be the perfect fit for a team like the Oilers. Wouldn’t be shocked if he could pot 40 G’s with wither McDavid or LD.

Reactions: Getz2noone

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Hmm...

Neal - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

I suppose that is a solid top 6 and Yamamoto has helped you guys get that #6 forward, but I also think being able to move Neal, Kassian or Yamamoto down would help with depth. Rakell is a versatile winger who can also play center. In my opinion, with a cap constrained world Rakell would be the perfect fit for a team like the Oilers. Wouldn’t be shocked if he could pot 40 G’s with wither McDavid or LD.

Totally agree.

Yes but look at the ask. Jebus that a king's ransom!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad