Value of: Rickard Rakell to the Oilers - Perfect fit for McDavid?

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Rakell has a great cap hit, can play all three forward positions and is a right hand shot.

Anaheim is also looking to shake things up.

What value would Anaheim need?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Rakell has a great cap hit, can play all three forward positions and is a right hand shot.

As all the other threads. Anaheim needs picks and prospects.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I think we talked about this before... ducks and oiler fans

1st + broberg/bouchard + pick/prospect(maybe pulj)… ducks could potentially take back cap if needed, was the general basis.

I do think rakell would be a great winger for Mcdavid tho

Rakell Mcdavid Kassian
RNH Drai Yamamoto

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What is the value of the picks and prospects?

A 1st, a top defensive prospect and a decent roster piece. Given his contract, Rakell has a load of value - you don’t often see 50-70 point forwards who earn less than $4M.

I would want from Edmonton

Broberg/Bouchard
A first (can be top 3 protected but nothing lower than that)
And someone young handy who can play in the NHL right now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A 1st, a top defensive prospect and a decent roster piece. Given his contract, Rakell has a load of value - you don’t often see 50-70 point forwards who earn less than $4M.

Broberg/Bouchard
Shit rakell might score 80+ w/ McDavid and the oilers powerplay.... granted I feel like oiler fans know of rakells skill better than most fan bases... as he seems to do his best hockey vs Edmonton.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
**** rakell might score 80+ w/ McDavid and the oilers powerplay.... granted I feel like oiler fans know of rakells skill better than most fan bases... as he seems to do his best hockey vs Edmonton.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence his production went down as Getzlaf declined. Give him an elite playmaking C again and he would be putting up closer to 75 points (or higher) than the 55 he’s currently pacing for.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Looking at Broberg and a 1st for Rakell probably. Personally I’d pay that price.

Holland likely doesn’t trade his first big draft pick with the org and likely doesn’t ship out major assets for a guy playing at a 45 to 55 point clip for this season and last.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why would the Ducks trade their best young player? Makes no sense.

Especially within the conference.

His trade value.

Ya trading rakell to Edmonton would be awkward…. at the same time its not like hes going to beat us in the playoffs, that doenst seem like its on our calender the next 2.5 seasons.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell would be nice but Bouchard/Broberg + 1st + another prospect is a king’s ransom. Rakell is pacing for back to back 45 ish point seasons. I wouldn’t give up all that for him.

I feel like we could get similar production out of a guy like Athanasiou at half the price.
Hes pacing at 53 points, on a shitty Anaheim team with a very shitty powerplay.

If you think his pace will go down playing top line mins with an elite 1c(getzlaf isn't really that anymore) then idk what to tell you.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

Broberg/Bouchard

I understand Anaheim would not want to trade Rakell, but this price is ludicrous.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hes pacing at 53 points, on a ****ty Anaheim team with a very ****ty powerplay.

that’s fair, but I’m not willing to give up assets based on his “but with McDavid” production. Broberg+1st+more is *a lot*. We’ve already got the top power play in the NHL, there’s only so much ice to go around and there’s only one puck.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
that’s fair, but I’m not willing to give up assets based on his “but with McDavid” production. Broberg+1st+more is *a lot*. We’ve already got the top power play in the NHL, there’s only so much ice to go around and there’s only one puck.
Im pretty sure you are adding a player like Rakell to give mcdvaid some skill on his line, because you have RNH Drai and yammo on your 2nd line.

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018

Rakell was at 50-point-pace last year, same this year

Seems like he has significantly regressed since 2017-18.

His value is nowhere near what it used to be, and he's not even playing all the games.

Reactions: HabsQC and TML1990

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Rackell is an excellent player and would be a marvel beside CMcD. Can see him being a 75-85 point player.

Value is 1st rnd pick ( top 10 protected ) + Broberg

Reactions: Getz2noone

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I don’t think it’s any coincidence his production went down as Getzlaf declined. Give him an elite playmaking C again and he would be putting up closer to 75 points (or higher) than the 55 he’s currently pacing for.

Or we can just keep em and pair him up with Zegras. I have no problem keeping Rakell. Never know we can also pair him up with

Lafrenier - Zegras - Rakell

Lafrenier Left handed and Rakell right handed. I’ll pay bukoo dollars to see that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell was at 50-point-pace last year, same this year

Seems like he has significantly regressed since 2017-18.

His value is nowhere near what it used to be, and he's not even playing all the games.
Getzlaf regressed... which affected rakells game.... i think you put him back with elite center and his production goes back.

Hes not a guy thatll carry a team, but he compliments skilled players well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Getzlaf regressed... which affected rakells game.... i think you put him back with elite center and his production goes back.

Hes not a guy thatll carry a team, but he compliments skilled players well.

okay, but in the Getzlaf thread it’s all about how he’s bounced back and is having a great season and looks like his old self. That hasn’t translated to production from Rakell.

I get not wanting to move him to a division rival but the asking price is kind of ridiculous based on what he’s done the last two years.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
then we’re circling back to the conversation about why we’re paying a premium for a 50 point player that’s getting a McBump.

Doesnt need to be mcdavid any skilled center... its not surprise rakell tore up the world cup along side zibanejad.

But i dont care either way, im fine keepin him for zegras.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad