Proposal: Rickard Rakell To Ottawa

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I like Lazar, and value-wise the OP is good in a vacuum (if not weighted in our favor; I can't see Ottawa trading their 1st again, especially with how the Ryan trade worked out), but not for Rakell. We don't need a more defensively-oriented center if Rakell is going the other way. The skill and vision that Rakell has is not very common in our system.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Not interested in moving the 1st. Ottawa has well enough offensive depth, no need to do that at all, and to add salary in the process, money that could be saved for later for re-signing core players

And just as I am saying that...I learn that lazar has mono, and that both Stone and MacArthur suffer concussion symptoms :shakehead

I like Lazar, and value-wise the OP is good in a vacuum (if not weighted in our favor; I can't see Ottawa trading their 1st again, especially with how the Ryan trade worked out), but not for Rakell. We don't need a more defensively-oriented center if Rakell is going the other way. The skill and vision that Rakell has is not very common in our system.

In my perspective, the Ryan trade worked really well for the Sens. Ryan produced 57 pts per 82 games in his first 3 seasons (first 2 years were at a $5,562,500 salary) and only gave up a (great) 3rd liner, an injured prospect who will unfortunately bust and a 10th OA pick in very bad draft year (Ritchie is not that great of a prospect IMO)

Maybe Anaheim fans like it as well, no problem. I'd still do that trade any day of the week. Always try to trade quantity for quality

Lol rakell >>>> lazar

The brilliant multiple ">" comparisons! One of the best things on HF :popcorn:

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
In my perspective, the Ryan trade worked really well for the Sens. Ryan produced 57 pts per 82 games in his first 3 seasons (first 2 years were at a $5,562,500 salary) and only gave up a (great) 3rd liner, an injured prospect who will unfortunately bust and a 10th OA pick in very bad draft year (Ritchie is not that great of a prospect IMO)

Maybe Anaheim fans like it as well, no problem. I'd still do that trade any day of the week. Always try to trade quantity for quality
Ryan and Silfverberg are both 2nd liners at this point. Ryan is better offensively despite failing to meet lofty expectations, yet Silfverberg is (much) better defensively, and still put up a 20 goal season despite getting some of the hardest minutes on the team. Ritchie has top 6 potential. Whether he reaches that or not is another matter, but there's been very promising signs in training camp. In that I mean that some of the issues that he was having last season (primarily fitness and skating), seem much improved. Looking back at what we could have had at 10, is Ritchie the best there was? Absolutely not. It doesn't mean he can't iron out a top 6 role with us in the future, especially considering that he fits our playing style to a T. Noesen, though his career has been marred by injury, could still iron out a bottom 6 role some time in the future.

Did either team get the worldbreakers they might have expected? No. On the flipside of the optimism I showed in the last paragraph, there's also a very sizeable chance that Silfverberg could be the only legitimate NHL forward we get. We just can't tell yet.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
And just as I am saying that...I learn that lazar has mono, and that both Stone and MacArthur suffer concussion symptoms :shakehead

The brilliant multiple ">" comparisons! One of the best things on HF :popcorn:

well that is certainly about as pro sens spin as you can get.

that "3rd liner" is apart of an elite two way line that plays against the opponents top players every night, and still manages to come well ahead in possession numbers, despite a large amount of defensive zone starts, against said top players.

20 goals, one of the best defensive and possession wingers in the league, in addition to being a very good PK'er, that is some definition of 3rd liner you have there.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
After pre-season injuries the Sens are having, the last thing they should be doing is giving up a 2017 1st round pick

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Not interested in trading someone who had top 6 offensive numbers for someone with 3rd line offensive numbers. We need more offense not less.

have you ever been interested in a deal? :laugh:

this is a former 17th overall pick and a potential top 10 pick.....

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
have you ever been interested in a deal? :laugh:

this is a former 17th overall pick and a potential top 10 pick.....

So... yakupov is a 1st overall pick... what does thst have to do with anything... maybe you should trade jvr for yakupov.

We don't have to trade anyone, we're a competitive team year after year, that keeps a strong system to continue to be successful.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
After pre-season injuries the Sens are having, the last thing they should be doing is giving up a 2017 1st round pick

yeah its definitely risky, but Rakell is a 23 year old former 1st rounder - ready now asset that is a proven 20 goal scorer. As long as we dont win the lottery it could still be worth it lol

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Too much from Ottawa, Rackell is good but a potential top 5 pick in the 2017 draft is a bit much.

Well, I dont think we are a bottom 5 team with Rakell added to the top 6. Could miss the playoffs still, but the team really isn't that bad

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Well, I dont think we are a bottom 5 team with Rakell added to the top 6. Could miss the playoffs still, but the team really isn't that bad

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Rakell - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Lazar

Playoffs is a must and I think that top 9 will get us past the first round. I'll be willing to trade a 1st that'll likely not have an impact for about 2-3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad