Proposal: Rickard Rakell To Ottawa

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Not interested in trading someone who had top 6 offensive numbers for someone with 3rd line offensive numbers. We need more offense not less.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Not interested from an Ottawa POV. we already dont Have a 2nd. No way GMPD moves our first.

Plus cant imagine management giving up on Lazar when his path so far is very similar to guys like Fisher and Kesler, hes only 21, people take his numbers too seriously

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
Not interested from an Ottawa POV. we already dont Have a 2nd. No way GMPD moves our first.

Plus cant imagine management giving up on Lazar when his path so far is very similar to guys like Fisher and Kesler, hes only 21, people take his numbers too seriously

I agree. If Lazar's value is so low that the Sens need to include a 1st, he's gotta be more valuable on the team.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Too much from Ottawa. I dont think id do Lazar for Rakell 1 for 1. Lazar is so under rated.

Rakell is far superior to Lazar.

One-for-one would be absolute robbery for the Sens.

With a 1st accompanying Lazar? Sens would probably pass.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Rakell seems very Similar stat wise to Rieder (like 5 point difference) and we can get Rieder one for one for Lazar from Yotes fans. So i dont see the point in adding to get Rackell when we can get Rieder one for one

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We really can't afford to give away any first round picks. And we have a ton of righties at forward. he's a nice palyer, but he doesn't really do anything to help Ottawa.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Would love Rakell, loved him since his Plymouth days.

I'd give Lazar up in a second for him, not sure about giving up a 1st though, that would sting.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Rakell seems very Similar stat wise to Rieder (like 5 point difference) and we can get Rieder one for one for Lazar from Yotes fans. So i dont see the point in adding to get Rackell when we can get Rieder one for one

6 points difference in 10 less games.

Rakell had 0.614 ppg while Rieder had 0.451 ppg. Lazar had 0.263 ppg.

Rakell had 0.286 goals per game (he has hit 20 goals while Rieder never crossed 15), Rieder had 0.171 gpg. Lazar had 0.079 gpg.

Rieder and Rackell are not comparable.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Not interested in moving the 1st. Ottawa has well enough offensive depth, no need to do that at all, and to add salary in the process, money that could be saved for later for re-signing core players

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Ya I echo the Sens fans thoughts here. No one is more open to trading Lazar than me (not that he's a bad player at all, I just don't see much upside from where he is today) but adding a 1st for Rakell is too much, particularly since the Sens may very well be picking in the bottom 15.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Rakell's creativity and skill is something the Ducks have far less of a surplus of than responsible two-way guys. Lazar isn't too intriguing, so that's a definite pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad