Value of: Rickard Rakell to Calgary?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If the flames don't want him I wouldn't mind him on the oilers for our next two firsts or something around that value
Pretty much every contender in the league would love to add him into their top 6 at that contract... for a 1st and a prospect.

problem with flames is idk that I’d consider them contenders

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Pretty much every contender in the league would love to add him into their top 6 at that contract... for a 1st and a prospect.

problem with flames is idk that I’d consider them contenders
While I don't really disagree with your assessment, the expansion draft is really tanking a lot of value around the league. GM's, that think they have the team to beat, get pretty stupid at the deadline but who can really put a price on winning. Personally, I think teams will be more inclined to offer a younger, currently lesser player and 2nd, opposed to straight futures, pre draft. If you're looking for straight futures, I'd hold onto him until the offseason, when values return to normal and as far as I know, the Ducks have no reason to move him right now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
While I don't really disagree with your assessment, the expansion draft is really tanking a lot of value around the league. GM's, that think they have the team to beat, get pretty stupid at the deadline but who can really put a price on winning. Personally, I think teams will be more inclined to offer a younger, currently lesser player and 2nd, opposed to straight futures, pre draft. If you're looking for straight futures, I'd hold onto him until the offseason, when values return to normal and as far as I know, the Ducks have no reason to move him right now.
Ya we have protection slot we can always move him after expansion draft if the market isn’t to a level we feel is good enough

Reactions: duckpuck

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Ya we have protection slot we can always move him after expansion draft if the market isn’t to a level we feel is good enough
To be completely honest, I don't think he returns a prospect of the caliber that you guys think he will. Probably a 1st and a good "B" prospect. I question why they'd even move him because I don't think Zegras is really that far away. He's probably ready to start making an impact, right around the time the Rakell contract expires.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
To be completely honest, I don't think he returns a prospect of the caliber that you guys think he will. Probably a 1st and a good "B" prospect. I question why they'd even move him because I don't think Zegras is really that far away. He's probably ready to start making an impact, right around the time the Rakell contract expires.
Depends on retention , cap dumps etc the only reason I think prospect will be better or multiple prospects is because the 1st will be bottom 1st.

people also undervaluing how good Rakell is.... as a flames fan you guys should know how good he is

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Depends on retention , cap dumps etc the only reason I think prospect will be better or multiple prospects is because the 1st will be bottom 1st.

people also undervaluing how good Rakell is.... as a flames fan you guys should know how good he is
That also changes the dynamics of the trade. For instance, using the Flames as an example, if we were to send Bennett back as the salary portion, he still holds value. I think its a similar situation for the real contenders. There will be salary coming back and more likely than not, it will hold some value. A pure cap dump is obviously a different story but thought the Ducks were already basically full up on those contracts.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Everytime he touches the puck lately is value is going up. He looks like a superstar right now. Good on him.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Ten points in the last six games on a lousy team ... sure, keep offering bags of used practice pucks. Laughter is good for you & Bob really needs 'something' that's amusing in his life about now.

Reactions: AngelDuck

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
I’d do Bennett + 2nd or Bennett + Kylington + 3rd for Rakell. Think he would be a great fit with us

Reactions: Nanuuk

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That also changes the dynamics of the trade. For instance, using the Flames as an example, if we were to send Bennett back as the salary portion, he still holds value. I think its a similar situation for the real contenders. There will be salary coming back and more likely than not, it will hold some value. A pure cap dump is obviously a different story but thought the Ducks were already basically full up on those contracts.
Well his shooting percentage has gone up and he’s back up to his normal production, colored me shocked

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Given Calgary’s current spot in the standings and Rakell’s starting to come back to the player he really is, I don’t think Calgary has what it takes.

Rakell would thrive in Toronto/Boston/Colorado for a 1st + a B prospect, B+/A- if they retain on what is already a cheap contract. Retain that to 50% and they can ask for something that’ll hurt.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I’d do Bennett + 2nd or Bennett + Kylington + 3rd for Rakell. Think he would be a great fit with us

That's great, but what does that do for the Ducks? While Bennett doesn't have negative value, he's also not what the Ducks would be looking for as a center piece for Rakell... who is only 3 years older and consistently puts up more points than Bennett's career high. More secondary pieces won't tip the scale either, the Ducks would want quality pieces. Ducks already have plenty of Bennett level prospects, they need pieces with a chance to make the team better. Can't even point to bad play as a reason to devalue Rakell now... after a statistically slow start (he looked good, just horrible luck), he's picked up and his percentages are trending back to his career average, and the points are going up too. So far he's pacing at about a 60 point season in 82 games.

Reactions: Dmang714

Traptor

Mar 2, 2021
Anaheim will want a first or a good young roster player (dube, mangiapane). Calgary is in no position to be spending assets on a deal like this. Would love Rakell, but for the price and how Calgary is doing, I don't see a fit.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Id offer the Oilers 1st + Lavoie + Kassian (Salary) for Rakell

The return isn't enough to make me want to trade Rakell in the division to play with McDavid, and Kassian coming back reduces the value even more. No interest in taking back that much salary for 4 years. i would rather retain on Rakell.

Reactions: Getz2noone

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Lmao, not a single team in the league will offer that good of a package. I understand wanting a 1st and a prospect but asking for a ppg 19yo in the AHL? Come on man
I know that’s the point. Honestly I would go for Zary and a 2nd for rakell and maybe some other stuff. I like zary as a prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad