Confirmed with Link: Rick Peckham Appreciation Thread (retiring after 2019-2020)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
lol literally everything is such a damn secret with this organization that not even Engblom can go out and just say something. Even mock ups for our retro-throwback weren't made as if blue 2004 throwbacks (the butt of many of my jokes) weren't made.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You'll be hearing the new guy's voice for hundreds of hours a year. Not really trivial.

I guess when you put it that way. I don't know man. I guess I'll never understand why the Lightning operate on full scale CIA secrecy on everything and say nothing until almost the 11th hour whether it's a trade, signing, negotiation or a broadcaster. It reminds me of a guy I had to do group projects with in college. He'd ghost you until 2 days before due date it's like "oh yeah I've been done for a week lulz!" and would do a great job. But the whole group would literally spend the last week thinking "Oh my God we're gonna fail"

I know that's a REALLY BAD comparison but that's what it feels like being a Lightning fan to me sometimes

Last edited:

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
It probably ends up being a name we don't know of trying to land a dream job. Like Macho said, we aren't gonna be second to anyone. I can't think of any names. Unless a sportsnet guy like Dave Randorf (I don't think he has a gig right now) wants to take over, I think that's what ends up happening. Whoever it is has a tall task ahead of them. Hot take: RP was top 5 in the biz even going into retirement.

Exceptionally late edit: like 2 hours later. I mentioned Randorf at random as an example of who might be available and remembered that he called this little nugget of Lightning history. Not saying it's a preview or anything but it's at the very least a pretty awesome memory to indulge in.

According to Erik Erlendsson at Lightning Insider, your wish has been granted.

"On Thursday, the team is expected to announce that former TSN and Rogers Sportsnet broadcaster Dave Randorf as the new play-by-play voice to join analyst Brian Engblom on the telecasts."

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

"On Thursday, the team is expected to announce that former TSN and Rogers Sportsnet broadcaster Dave Randorf as the new play-by-play voice to join analyst Brian Engblom on the telecasts."
That would be fantastic

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lmao! Getting it right that we'd win it all was no big deal. But now it might not be my worst idea to try my luck at guessing Power Ball numbers. Damn near had the day of the announcement right on pure luck alone. Well damn let's hope my "repeat" prediction is right.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Randorf is a decent pick. He's not RP but in Randorf's defense no one is. RP was still arguably top or just outside it in the business last year. But all together Brian and Dave are gonna make for a really, REALLY good team. Considering he didn't have a full time gig I'm so happy for him.

Welcome to the family Dave!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

A year ago yesterday. One of my all time favorite Kucherov goals not only with an orgasmic snap of the stick, but RP hits the pipes like the legend he is. RP was still top 10 in the biz (including the guys on NBCSN and Sportsnet) at the time of his retirement and probably closer to #5 than anywhere else. Fight me Brotendo!

No pressure at all to replace that feeling Dave! Good luck tonight bud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad