Confirmed with Link: Rick Peckham Appreciation Thread (retiring after 2019-2020)

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
The end of an era. I watched Peckham from the very beginning and grew up with him. Lightning broadcasts will never be the same. I hope he enjoys retirement and sticks around the area.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
As Peckham calls his last game and Point scores an OT goal, let's remember one of the best (recent) Peckham's calls.. on Pointer OT winner against the panthers

Probably the one time Stamkos deked someone. One of RP's best calls

RP had ridiculous calls in 2005 to 2007 when St. Louis and Lecavalier were magic every night. I might have to dig up pixilated highlight packages to make that happen

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Engblom is fantastic at what he does and I hope he's with us for a long time to come but god I miss listening to Rick and Chief calling the games. It was almost like inviting a couple of friends over to grab a few beers and watching a hockey game. I don't fault the organization one bit for wanting to have someone more professional over there but damn, those were the times.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I just want to post it here one more time,cuz it means soimething to me).Few words about Rick Peckham. Even though i played hockey for like half of my live,i never watched NHL. I hadnt team to cheer here. I was trying to cheer Washington,but it wasnt true cheering,just wanted them to win.Because i had no team to follow by,it wasnt so fun to watch NHL games,without emotions. Season 18\19 I decided to try one more time to watch NHL games. I picked up four games.four teams, STL,WSH,FLA and TBL. I watched those teams playing. Last game was TBL. I watched that and i felt in love with TBL,their style,their plays. BUT. One of the reasons i felt in love with TBL was comentator. WHen i watched and listened TBL game for first time i just felt all those emotions from comentators,i felt true emotions from them i felt like they really cheering team with heart and they could fire sparkles in my heart. One of them was Rick Peckham. After that Im Lightning fan and Ill be the fan to the end.Thank you Rick for introducing Lightning team to me,for all your work you did,you are one of the reasons why my heart bumps for Lightning!

Reactions: Hoek and bov

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really liked that they took moment to say goodbye. And you could tell Engblom was choked up (I've really come to appreciate Engblom). I hope we see Rick around the booth from time to time.

What a great way to end a career. One last great call on an future all-time great scoring a huge goal.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not my finest bump but did we ever find out officially who RP's replacement is? I know somewhere along here it was said to be Forslund but I'm having trouble finding if that was verified.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad