Confirmed with Link: Rick Peckham Appreciation Thread (retiring after 2019-2020)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Damn, this blows but good for him. It'll be weird having a different voice calling the Lightning... I can't imagine anyone being more enthusiastic on goal calls.

Yeah it's gonna be weird for sure but I'm happy for the guy. He has earned the happiest of retirements. I passed by him once before a game and I suddenly find myself wishing I had said something. Oh well. Live and let live. I'll bring a sign to a game thanking him. Surely they'll see it

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Maybe not my best but I feel like this is thread worthy. Put your favorite calls here, any stories and thanks here.

I'll get the ball rolling. My favorite time he snarled out a goal

Thank you for over 20 amazing years! Your replacement has some big shoes to fill.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
It's a very sad news the Peckham one :( :( :(
He'll be missed for sure.
He is a great voice: during the last 24 years, we've seen with him lots of champions and lots of good moments.
When the Bolts are/were on the TV, I knew he was with me, also during the nights, at 3 am in the morning.
He'll be missed :( :(
I hope the best for him and for his life and I hope the next season will be memorable!!!
Once a Bolt, 4ever a Bolt!! <3

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
As for @AlwaysSunnyInTampa's question: Hard to pick a favorite moment or goal call of his but I really loved the one for Point's OT winner:

*nodding with smile*

That was first one I thought of and then Stammer's goal vs Ottawa. But I left Point's goal on a tee for the first one to get to it. Rick is the bomb.

BTW great work merging it all together.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This sucks. Wasn't that long ago that we lost Chief and now Beckham is gone as well.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Gonna be weird without him. Pretty sure he is the only one to do it for the Lightning. He will be missed for sure.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Win it for RP! Dang it's going to weird hearing someone else do the PBP after all these years.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think it was Kelly from 1992-1995 and then RP until today.

I know it's early, but who are they gonna bring in as RP's successor?

I once listened to Crunch highlights and I cannot for the life of me remember who the heck it was against. I want to say it was Utica but they had a PBP and I'm thinking to myself "This guy is good" and thought to myself about Peckham retiring and this person replacing him because I have to be honest, he could have bowed out 5 years ago and I don't think anyone would have been surprised even then. I don't imagine someone like Randorf or Cuthbert is gonna leave Canada. Maybe one of the radio guys for one of the NHL teams will get it

I have a few hours to kill before work. I might try to see if it was Utica.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad