Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Short of a hat trick where all the goals from between the circles, Nash will always have complaints. Some people just need a whipping boy.
Does it feel very, very good to obfuscate an argument by making a generalist statement that is not at all rooted in reality?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Short of a hat trick where all the goals from between the circles, Nash will always have complaints. Some people just need a whipping boy.

Even ~.5PPG, from anywhere, would be pretty great IMO. I don't get why people keep making this isn't something it's not. The guy had 10 points in 25 games last playoffs, 3 goals. That's not enough scoring for a guy paid to score. Nobody is asking the world from him, just playoff scoring a little better than that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

This. Nash was a beast last night. He played a crucial role in shutting down the Penguins.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
Even ~.5PPG, from anywhere, would be pretty great IMO. I don't get why people keep making this isn't something it's not. The guy had 10 points in 25 games last playoffs, 3 goals. That's not enough scoring for a guy paid to score. Nobody is asking the world from him, just playoff scoring a little better than that.

He was directly respoisble for one of our two goals last night so I'd say he's off to a reasonably good start.
The goals will come. He is a streaky goal scorer, but the rest of his game is/has been rock solid. It's just as important to set them up or prevent them as it is to score them IMO.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I thought he looked okay, but a small step behind. Probably still bothered by the flu.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He was directly respoisble for one of our two goals last night so I'd say he's off to a reasonably good start.
The goals will come. He is a streaky goal scorer, but the rest of his game is/has been rock solid. It's just as important to set them up or prevent them as it is to score them IMO.

For sure, I thought he was very good last night in all facets of the game, especially considering that he was recovering from a stomach bug.

I was really just stating my concern overall. I want the guy to be better than he was last year offensively, but I don't think that's a totally unreasonable request like scoring a hat trick a game or anything.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
He wasn't bad, but he definitely wasn't a beast/dominant either.

I think it's important for him to score a goal ASAP. Not scoring will become a mental roadblock at some point, confidence is key for him. It took him a long time to score his first playoff goal in his 2 other postseasons with us and he should do everything in his power to avoid that from happening again.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I thought he played well last night. I do think if he doesn't score a goal soon though his confidence with disappear. Like I feel he needs to score by game 3 or 4 if we want to see a chance of him dominating.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I thought he looked okay, but a small step behind. Probably still bothered by the flu.

Agreed.

He looked slower the last few weeks of the season, as compared to the flying Rick Nash we saw before his neck injury, but last night you could tell he was really dragging. He also fell down a lot, which is pretty uncommon for him, and he kept his shifts even shorter than usual.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Nash was OK, and I say that for 2 reasons:

1. His shot 28 seconds into the game was from the same ol' spot hes become accustomed to in the playoffs, but it had some zip on it instead of being a limp wrister -- helped lead to the rebound and the goal

2. Even though it was a penalty, I liked the run he took at Scuderi - hope he stays physical on the forecheck

But other than those 2 moments, I didn't notice him much offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad