Rick Nash Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Yea I saw a goal scorer who's shooting% was atrocious and made up for his awful production by playing an excellent defensive game.

Without Nash's 9 GWGs we may not make the playoffs.

I think Nash thought we did not make the playoffs.

Because he was terrible.

Edit: And how the **** do you think for 7.8 million dollars a year, good D makes up for zero offense from the man? Is he your son? Your father? Your brother? Your boyfriend/husband? Did he save your life once? Seriously, what's up with you and your apologist crew?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Because he was terrible.

Edit: And how the **** do you think for 7.8 million dollars a year, good D makes up for zero offense from the man? Is he your son? Your father? Your brother? Your boyfriend/husband? Did he save your life once? Seriously, what's up with you and your apologist crew?

Jeez torts take a chill pill

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
Good to see that management isn't braindead

Didn't you switch over to anti-Nash camp during the playoff run when the team carried Nash's lifeless corpse all the way to the final? I missed what led to you trading usernames with the guy who now has your old one, but was a part of that deal that you had to also lose your objectivity?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Didn't you switch over to anti-Nash camp during the playoff run when the team carried Nash's lifeless corpse all the way to the final? I missed what led to you trading usernames with the guy who now has your old one, but was a part of that deal that you had to also lose your objectivity?

I over reacted after we went down 3-1 to Pittsburgh, it happens

Lot of people over reacted after that

Can't really deny Nash put in the effort when all is said and done

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Because he was terrible.

Why you heff to be mad?

Nash is GOAT.

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
I over reacted after we went down 3-1 to Pittsburgh, it happens

Lot of people over reacted after that

Can't really deny Nash put in the effort when all is said and done

Effort isn't enough for 7.8 million dollars a year. In fact, I'd be happier if he didn't give effort if by doing so that allowed him to score a god damned goal at a slightly higher rate than Carcillo.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Effort isn't enough for 7.8 million dollars a year. In fact, I'd be happier if he didn't give effort if by doing so that allowed him to score a god damned goal at a slightly higher rate than Carcillo.

You're mad at Nash for putting in effort and you wish he would put in less. Wut?

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
You're mad at Nash for putting in effort and you wish he would put in less. Wut?

No. I said, "Effort isn't enough for 7.8 million dollars a year. In fact, I'd be happier if he didn't give effort if by doing so that allowed him to score a god damned goal at a slightly higher rate than Carcillo."

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Ahhhh... Remember 2 years ago when almost everyone on these boards wanted to see Dubinsky drawn and quartered for not scoring despite providing effort, and solid defensive play? I really don't get why Nash gets a free pass around here.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Nash needs to produce more. Plain and simple. 3 goals in 24 playoffs game this past year is just not enough...

However, the good thing about his game is that, despite not scoring, he played a strong defensive game. Better to have another dimension when not scoring than just becoming a liability. In the playoffs, you do whatever you can to help the team win. He couldn't score, so he slotted into a more defensive role. It was nice to see a higher end player willing to get his hands dirty and put in the work defensively.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Ahhhh... Remember 2 years ago when almost everyone on these boards wanted to see Dubinsky drawn and quartered for not scoring despite providing effort, and solid defensive play? I really don't get why Nash gets a free pass around here.

Nash getting a free pass? He's like the most hated player on HF

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

Where is Nash getting a free pass?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Because those people wanted Dubi gone and then he was traded and now we all miss him and realize that he's a great player and you don't define a players worth by one dismal post season?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

No free pass.

But at the same time, Im not going to let my disappoint towards him get me to the point of a knee-jerk reaction that totally ignores his value.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009

LOL :laugh:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

LOL what free pass?

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
Because those people wanted Dubi gone and then he was traded and now we all miss him and realize that he's a great player and you don't define a players worth by one dismal post season?

IMO: IN NY

Dubi... Would be a hard working 18-20 goal scorer asking for 6 million for 6 years with a NMC.

Gabs - Probably would be scoring about 25 goals without a first line center. Probably asking 6-7 million per.

Yes.. if Nash was gone and put on a solid offensive line (with another team) his production would rise but...we need to play the hand we're dealt.

IMO the problem is that the Rangers are a offensively challenged team so each player will have his limits.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Nash doesn't get a free pass, but I've never seen so much excusing and coddling of a player in my entire life.

(*Two dismal post-seasons.)

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
IMO: IN NY

Dubi... Would be a hard working 18-20 goal scorer asking for 6 million for 6 years with a NMC.

Gabs - Probably would be scoring about 25 goals without a first line center. Probably asking 6-7 million per.

Yes.. if Nash was gone and put on a solid offensive line (with another team) his production would rise but...we need to play the hand we're dealt.

IMO the problem is that the Rangers are a offensively challenged team so each player will have his limits.

This was the EXACT argument CBJ fans (and a whole lot of Rangers fans) were making at the 2012 trade deadline. That once Nash left Columbus and was on a line with Richards/Stepan and Gabby, he was going to be an 80 point guy. On the main boards, CBJ fans wanted Girardi, one of Kreider/Stepan, Erixon and a first if they were going to part with such an "elite" offensive talent. Meanwhile, on the CBJ boards, they were all complaining about his lack of heart and only showing up when he felt like it. This is why I was against this trade from the beginning - because while some players benefit from a change of scenery, generally, what you see is what you get. Someone like Malkin can take over a game no matter who his line mates are. Nash can't, but he gets paid Malkin money and his cap hit is the main thing hamstringing this team, despite the fact that we have two perfectly serviceable right wings in Zucc and St. Louis (and Cally before him).

"Ooooh! Once he's on a line with Gabby and Ritchie, he's gonna be unstoppable!"

Derp.

"Ummmm... He's played decent defensively..."

If that ain't a free pass - especially after the Dubinsky lynch mob after one crappy season, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad