Rick Nash Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I thought that attempt by Nash on the odd-man rush was so close to working. I really cannot lay blame on the strategy, as we have seen it work many times in hockey everywere, though I will say emphatically that I wish he went hard to the centre of the ice with clear intent to score.
This is not hindsight on my part, that was my expectation and wish as he came in. I saw nothing but opportunity to be seized.
Calling it as I saw it then, now, and would tomorrow if I watch it again, i am sure.

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
I criticize Nash on an almost daily basis, I think he isn't worth the 7.8m hes getting. I'd rather have Gaborik. Yadda Yadda Yadda.

Besides not shooting it on the 3-1 I thought he played a great game. If he scores one HUGE goal this series to help them lift the cup, he will be a god forever.

I think he's due, and I believe that game 1 was a taste of what he's going to bring. I think he knows this is his chance. This is of course all speculation, but he has been playing with a fire under his ass, and it looks like the fire got hotter.

The Rangers dont win this series unless Nash plays the best hockey of his life.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
He's actually been really good on all aspects outside of scoring, the problem is you don't pay a defensive forward 7.8 mil. That 3 on 1, he needs to play it a whole lot better than that. We need more from him, the fact that we have to talk about the defensive play from the 7.8 million forward means something is going wrong.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I thought he played a good game too.
The Kings are very aware of him obviously. Credit has to be given to the defenseman who took the puck from him on that play (Mitchell?).
If he keeps pushing for it, he will do some damage yet.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Too Long, Didn't Read!

in short, i felt like Nash was trying to change the angle, it seemed like it was 3 guys across. thats an easy play to defend, by pulling up, he changes the angle of attack, has a cross ice pass, a chance to shoot for the far pad to get a rebound, etc. lotsa options. on a flat 3 on 1, the defender can still make it tough on you..

again though, i need to see the replay, i didnt feel like it was a typical "triangle" 3 on 1.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
in short, i felt like Nash was trying to change the angle, it seemed like it was 3 guys across. thats an easy play to defend, by pulling up, he changes the angle of attack, has a cross ice pass, a chance to shoot for the far pad to get a rebound, etc. lotsa options. on a flat 3 on 1, the defender can still make it tough on you..

again though, i need to see the replay, i didnt feel like it was a typical "triangle" 3 on 1.

Yeah, this was my thought when I watched the play too. I'm perfectly fine with the wy he played it, a shot woulda nice though.

TurgePurge*

There are 8 forwards in the NHL that have a higher cap hit than Nash. There are 7 forwards on the NYR PP units and Nash isn't one of them.

Thats pretty scary. You would assume a top paid offensive player would be able to fill a PP role but he really doesn't. AV is right in going with the personnel that he has been.

Having said that, Nash >>>> than that tin man choppy stick handling visor cleaning towel on the shoulder scrub Gabby.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, this was my thought when I watched the play too. I'm perfectly fine with the wy he played it, a shot woulda nice though.

yeah, i wish Kreider had a better game all around TBH...I thought Nash was terrific, but Kreider was super hesitant out there for the most part...and that sorta killed the line. Im susprised to see how little flak the kid is getting.

i get it, hes a huge part of our team, etc, but he didnt have a great game.

the whole team will be better.

luckily its first to 4, not first to 1.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
yeah, i wish Kreider had a better game all around TBH...I thought Nash was terrific, but Kreider was super hesitant out there for the most part...and that sorta killed the line. Im susprised to see how little flak the kid is getting.

i get it, hes a huge part of our team, etc, but he didnt have a great game.

the whole team will be better.

luckily its first to 4, not first to 1.

Listened to your post game wrap, calmed down. It's like a Rangers therapy session :handclap:.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Nash was very good

He's been very good for about 8 games in a row now

He's been contributing offensively and is still a very valuable possession player

That's valuable against top lines, which he often plays against. Notice how Kopitar and Gaborik were invisible? That's not all McD.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Played to his abilities, there is still another gear to be shifted somewhere deep down in him. He flashes it but he hasn't sustained it, I think he does as this series drudges along.

richardsequalscup*

Nash stunk. He was caught by Willie Mitchell and didn't even get a shot off. He continues to try and do the same, stupid, cut back move which IS NOT WORKING! Drive to the net and shoot the puck already.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
I thought that attempt by Nash on the odd-man rush was so close to working. I really cannot lay blame on the strategy, as we have seen it work many times in hockey everywere, though I will say emphatically that I wish he went hard to the centre of the ice with clear intent to score.
This is not hindsight on my part, that was my expectation and wish as he came in. I saw nothing but opportunity to be seized.
Calling it as I saw it then, now, and would tomorrow if I watch it again, i am sure.

I can literally think of zero times where Nash's patented "stop going hard to the net and spin so that you back in" move has led to a goal. I wish Nash would just skate hard and shoot hard, instead of trying ridiculous dipsy doodles that have no chance of working at this level. He's all about the incredibly low percentage play.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I feel like Nash's personality keeps him from being great. He seems like a quiet, mellow, nice guy. Kreider on the other hand seems like an arrogant ******* on the ice. If Nash was more cocky and confident, I think he would be one of the best forwards in the league.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
We have no chance in this series if this guy doesn't produce offensively. This will the second consecutive playoffs were he's a non-factor scoring goals. Unacceptable for his caphit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad