Speculation: Richards would like to go to Dallas if he is bought out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
It's incredibly scary how people are unable to separate a person from his ability to play hockey. Like, really scary. As if Brad Richards made a conscious decision to have a poor season because he hates Rangers fans or something. Get a grip, people.
His effort was as eroded as his skills. He deserves all the **** he gets.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Neal isn't there anymore, Brad. There's only Eriksson there to carry you now.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Terrible article, I especially like the part where he said the Leafs made a "half hearted attempt" to sign Richards. If I recall they went pretty damn hard at him until they realized if they didn't match term he wouldn't sign, and Burke won't do that kind of deal.

Mr Atoz*

The only issue is whether or not the Rangers buy him out. Whether he goes to Dallas or jumps in a lake is irrelevant.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Yeah. That site is not a legitimate news source. Anyone can make a blog and say whatever they want. It doesn't make it remotely true.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
His effort was as eroded as his skills. He deserves all the **** he gets.

Are you kidding me? The guy was beating himself after every game he didn't perform in and said he was losing sleep over it. What's more likely, that Richards was lying and decided to not give a **** despite his reputation and contract being on the line or that his confidence and athletic ability was down?

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
What's the problem, exactly, if Richards did say that?

He only said that if he is bought out, he would like to return to Dallas. If he is bought out, the Rangers can't sign him or acquire him in any way for a year, so I don't see what's the problem. It's not like the Rangers could or would even want to sign him, so there's no need to feel offended.

The problem is that Richards didn't say anything--there is no direct quote in the newspaper article, just a line that says:
The scuttlebutt is Richards was happiest in Dallas and would like to return if new Stars GM Jim Nill is willing

There's no need to feel offended because Richards hasn't said a word to the press, but, in order to get eyeballs on some blog, they find the non-quote and turn into a "he would like" to (leave New York as quickly as possible and return to Dallas)--feel free to spin it anyway you want statement.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/06/04/maple_leafs_could_thrive_with_compliance_buyouts.html

In Disgust

Oct 25, 2010
What if it was that hit from Kaleta early on in the season coupled with his lack of workout/practice during the lockout? I seriously doubt we woke up everyday saying "time to half ass it."

Would love for him to rebound and work out, would hate to see him go somewhere else and do well, but at the end of the day I guess the cap is what's important.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
That's why you're my favorite. Cresty is just mad because I didn't read his 50,000 word essay.

This isn't OT guys, please stay on topic.

I would absolutely love how much Brad would resent the Rangers though. Just to watch him do everything he does carrying this weight on his back.

*Bob Richards*

This "article" really doesn't warrant enough to support a thread. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad