Richard Panik

member 71782

lol Don't they have everybody now?

They are still waiting on Kenny Ryan who was drafted by Toronto 50th overall in the secomd round. He would be a nice addition on the right side with Panik on the left.

There are a few eligible for next years draft that they are waiting on as well.

Nice to see it's official now with Panik though.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Panik is overweight?

Isn't he like 6-1 and 180 lbs?

I'm not saying he is fat by normal standards, but by hockey prospect standards he is, at least according to comments made about him by some scouts after the NHL combine. I don't recall the exact number, but his body fat index was a bit higher than most NHL prospects. Personally, I think it had a bit to do with him coming off a major injury and not playing much.

member 71782

If Panik was coming off an injury then I would expect he would have been out of shape for the combine. I would expect that once he arrives in windsor he will be back in playing shape fairly quickly. Windsor really stresses conditioning and works with their players ensuring they are get the best possible support. They also work closely with the teams that have drafted these players. When Loktionov was injured they worked with LA, including sending him out to LA for rehab.
I would expect Panik, like Loktionov to start off a bit slow but once he settles into the O he should excel especially with the possible linemates he will have. Windsor is a team, from management right through to the players that supports each other quite well. He will do fine once he is here.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
For example...?

It´s just small things, like in an interview I remember him saying he would like to play somewhere hot and that one of the reasons he went to play in the Czech republic is that they have Sunday free unlike in Slovakia where U18 games are played on Saturday and Sunday.

But really, I don´t think it´s anything to worry about, he just needs to mature in more ways than one, but I imagine that it might have scared some teams off during the combine interviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad