Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

millax

Dec 24, 2005
I had to work last night. And tonight.

Anyway, watching the oil blow a 2-0 lead in the third is remarkable. I can't see this team advancing to the Cup finals, and the repercussions are massive.

Has an NHL team ever had a generational player and failed to win multiple cups? No, no they haven't. We are witnessing history in the making, courtesy of the 'nucks, the whipping boy of that great '80's edmonton team. I wonder if oil fans appreciate Fuhr now, given the stark reminder.
I mean...
Ray Bourque with Boston..
Ovechkin with Washington doesn't have multiple cups..
The Sedins in Vancouver...
Marcel Dionne..
Pat LaFontaine..
Eric Lindros..

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I'm surprised by how little offense the Canucks are producing in general in this series, and also the Nashville one. The Canucks have been very opportunistic (Boeser in particular, Garland has also been active) but I expected more offensive push from them and outside of a few small stretches, there hasn't been much of an onslaught from them. Too much talent for them not to.

I think part of it is trying to stay below Connor & Leon. And up until last night they were playing 1/2 the game & together so.. don't wanna take too many chances with them on the ice. In the earlier games when Connor & Leon weren't on it looked like an advantage for Van.

Last night the Oilers just out competed them. Credit to Edmonton.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Tocchet's honest?

Nope, not a reason to disclose a personal message from the player.....

If JT wanted this to be public, he would had appologised to the press.

To me, and I could easily be wrong, Tocchet seems to always try to find other people to blame for the losses.... It is the refs.... It is the League not suspending some bad guy for something nobody can find.... Oh, it is JT Miller.....

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think part of it is trying to stay below Connor & Leon. And up until last night they were playing 1/2 the game & together so.. don't wanna take too many chances with them on the ice. In the earlier games when Connor & Leon weren't on it looked like an advantage for Van.

Last night the Oilers just out competed them. Credit to Edmonton.
Knoblauch finally smartened up and separated McDavid and Draisaitl. It was too easy for the Canucks to key on them when they were on the same line and feast on the other lines. RNH and Kane played much better as a result, Holloway too, because RNH moved to wing where he's much better and Kane/Holloway benefitted from playing with Draisaitl.

With that said, Pettersson and Miller to a lesser extent have been very quiet offensively so I think both teams have more to give.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

To me, and I could easily be wrong, Tocchet seems to always try to find other people to blame for the losses.... It is the refs.... It is the League not suspending some bad guy for something nobody can find.... Oh, it is JT Miller.....

I think people who have listened to Tocchet & followed his relationship with the players all year wouldnt consider this anything unusual or him blaming the player. He's saying it as a credit to JT.

It's a small insight from a coach who just came from TNT & tries to be honest, not exposing or blaming anyone

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Knoblauch finally smartened up and separated McDavid and Draisaitl. It was too easy for the Canucks to key on them when they were on the same line and feast on the other lines. RNH and Kane played much better as a result, Holloway too, because RNH moved to wing where he's much better and Kane/Holloway benefitted from playing with Draisaitl.

With that said, Petersson and Miller to a lesser extent have been very quiet offensively so I think both teams have more to give.

I actually thought with the way Leon looked hurt early on they might've been getting more with him & Connor playing that much. But Leon looked really good last night & whatever he's battling didn't show at all.

I think Connor & Hyman will still be an issue they'll have to defend that way, but they can make things tougher on Leon & push the pace more imo.

Pettersson is just lacking confidence right now, not expecting him to dominate at this point. JTs line I thought had an off night.

Oilers were really good last night throughout the lineup

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Bringing up the 3rd string goalie as if it's a problem. He is the *the* reason it isn't 3 - 1 oilers. I expect Vancouver to fold up like a lawn chair now and for Edmonton to win the next two games by a combined score of 17 - 0.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I actually thought with the way Leon looked hurt early on they might've been getting more with him & Connor playing that much. But Leon looked really good last night & whatever he's battling didn't show at all.

I think Connor & Hyman will still be an issue they'll have to defend that way, but they can make things tougher on Leon & push the pace more imo.

Pettersson is just lacking confidence right now, not expecting him to dominate at this point. JTs line I thought had an off night.

Oilers were really good last night throughout the lineup
3rd line was non-existent again. That's where the Canucks have a real big matchup advantage with the Lindholm line especially at home where they can dictate matchups. Oh and any matchup against Ceci, the Ian Cole of the Oilers, actually I didn't mean to insult Cole like that.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

Ya that's like the exact opposite of Tocchet after losses. From day 1 he has been forthright and honest with his thoughts. Sometimes brutally so. If there is criticism of refs it is warranted.

And in this case it is very much a compliment to Miller.

Mar 26, 2010
I asked if you shouldn't be out stalking Marner and you asked what that had to do with the Oilers goaltending.
Well, if you must know…I hate Marner. Hopefully he gets traded. I want him out of T.O.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Garland has probably been the Canuck that has impressed me the most in this series. I had no idea how a small guy would hold up in a very physical environment but he's thrived so far. Just has a motor that doesn't stop. The only Canuck that played hard in all 3 periods yesterday.

Listed as 5'10, but I bet he's not over 5'7 in reality.

Reactions: Brookbank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad