Richard Panik

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
whats his potential if he gets more icetime?

(question was: how do you like Panik's development? he doesn't get a lot icetime, but "already" has 9 goals ..)

He looks like a good 3rd liner with 2nd line depth ability. Same boat as Holland and Komarov. They probably would make a decent 3rd line together given 13-14mins a night.

Add: on a bad team he could pull duty on the 2nd line from what I can see. Also, his ceiling is 2nd line on any team I he can be more creative.

Last edited:

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I think he has the skills to be a solid 2nd liner/great 3rd liner, looks pretty good with Kadri. Doesn't hurt to give him 15-20mins for the rest of the year and see what he is.

Good at a lot of things (nice hands, decent possession #s, can hit, can score, etc.) but not truly elite at anything to be a 1st liner

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Panik could be a useful player in the rebuild... He is one of those players who can probably give plenty of ice time to, inflate his numbers and flip him for something... or perhaps he actually turns into a valuable player for you.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Set the Panik/Holland/Komarov line in stone. Good 3rd line.

To be a contender they become a 10m 4th line or 3rd with a young budding 1C is constantly in the rotation ready to be plugged in. Ie. Komarov Nylander Panik, ads physical protection and insulation but not sacrificing speed or finishing ability to a prospect like Nylander.

I think they can turn Komarov and Panik into a development factory if they keep at it.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Panik could be a useful player in the rebuild... He is one of those players who can probably give plenty of ice time to, inflate his numbers and flip him for something... or perhaps he actually turns into a valuable player for you.

This.

He's an asset.

Now you have to figure hot whether he's an asset who is better served on your team, or as a movable piece.

There's no reason, with 20-odd games left, that Clarkson or Komarov should be getting more ice time than this guy. Play the heck out of him, see what he's made of, and move forward.

At worst he appears to be a bottom 6 guy with a useful offensive punch. You can use someone like that

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
To be a contender they become a 10m 4th line or 3rd with a young budding 1C is constantly in the rotation ready to be plugged in. Ie. Komarov Nylander Panik, ads physical protection and insulation but not sacrificing speed or finishing ability to a prospect like Nylander.

I think they can turn Komarov and Panik into a development factory if they keep at it.

A development factory.....?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
A development factory.....?

The insulation factor for young Cs entering the league. 2 gritty responsible guys that are there to ease kids into the position.

Smart enough to play the game. Fast enough to keep up with top talent. Enough scoring and playmaking ability to not leave a top prospect dumbfounded and without option.

Those two players seem to satisfy the criteria for helping quality young C develop.

Or perhaps... You prefer Clarkson? ;)

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
watched this kid for the 50 games or so when he played with Guelph, Peter Holland was on that team that year as well 2011? Both have great skill and I think both have more to show.

love a line with Holland & Panik - guelph storm connection!

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
The one thing that caught a little by surprise is how much snarl he plays with. Given his age and room for improvement, I don't see why he can't a top 9(Possibly 6) forward for this team in the medium term future at least.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I like Panik. I don't see top 6 in him personally, but I do like how he plays with a bit of an edge.

Definately worth keeping him and Holland around.

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I like Panik. I don't see top 6 in him personally, but I do like how he plays with a bit of an edge.

Definately worth keeping him and Holland around.

If he is playing in your top 6 (full time), you are a bottom team in the league. If he is a bottom 6 player, you have a nice young controllable asset.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
i think he will get top 6 minutes next season.

jvr-mcdavid-nylander
lupul-kadri-panik
komorov-holland-dsp
borque -carrick-clarkson

rielly-jones
gardiner-polak
percy-robidas/stoner

bernier
reimer

:sarcasm:

1. win draft lottery
2. kessel and franson to nashville for jones+watson+1st
3. phaneuf with 20% retained + santorelli + finn to anaheim for ritchie, 1st, dsp, and borque, and stoner

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
i think he will get top 6 minutes next season.

jvr-mcdavid-nylander
lupul-kadri-panik
komorov-holland-dsp
borque -carrick-clarkson

rielly-jones
gardiner-polak
percy-robidas/stoner

bernier
reimer

1. win draft lottery
2. kessel and franson to nashville for jones+watson+1st
3. phaneuf with 20% retained + santorelli + finn to anaheim for ritchie, 1st, dsp, and borque, and stoner

I see no faults in your proposals. Make it happen Nonis!

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Anyone see a little Daniel Winnik in him?

Seems like a physical guy who isn't elite at anything but can play anywhere in the line-up and (so far) seems like a pretty hard worker.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
I like him. He's had a hell of a meteoric rise.

From waiver wire, to could be something, to 4th liner, to solid bottom sixer to WTF he might actually last through the rebuild and be an actual guy.

Tyler Biggs*

Panik has been pretty good all year anyways!! Not bad for a last minute guy picked up off waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad