Richard Panik

Number13

May 21, 2007
So what do we have here?

I've been following him since junior, and I was surprised he fell to us on waivers. Given his last game, I'd say he's at least earned another crack at the top 6. Still some untapped potential with him, size, skill, and he goes to the dirty areas.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
he's able to get a good shot off pretty quickly.... deceptively quick actually.

i'm interested to see what he can do with some more ice time.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
So what do we have here?

I've been following him since junior, and I was surprised he fell to us on waivers. Given his last game, I'd say he's at least earned another crack at the top 6. Still some untapped potential with him, size, skill, and he goes to the dirty areas.

I like him personally. With all the injuries and with Ashton suspended, I'm hoping he gets a decent look.

When he played with Kessel last night it seemed to go right to his legs.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
He's looking good but my one complaint is his skating. Lots of random falls when he probably should be able to stay up, kind of like Kadri/Clarkson, can be strong and fast but will randomly go down from a weak bump that puts him slightly off balance.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Kind of funny how quickly he got into the top 6 when Ashton hasn't even come close to sniffing it yet.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
The price was right for Panik. Let's see if he can grow into a top 9 player. I've been liking what I've been seeing

officialmark*

Aside from his late game heroics yesterday he hasn't done much, he's a stop gap until we can find a better player.

Kyle Doobas*

Tampa fans said he tends not to do much playing a few minutes a game with lower-skill players, but could flourish if he gets some ice time with the right linemates. Will be interesting to see how he does now with Lupul, Ashton and maybe Winnik all out. Honestly I thought he looked pretty good with both Kadri-Kessel and Holland-Santorelli in last night's game.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Could he be a Kulemin-esque big body hustle type player? His skating isn't as good though.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
He's been decent the last couple games. I still think he sucks. He can't handle a puck but it looks like he could be an emergency option trigger man.

Ace88*

Im tired of his fake tough guy thing he does at least twice a game. Throws a shot, waits for refs, then starts yapping. Soft mans

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I didn't know that Panik went 52nd overall in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. :amazed:

Did the Lightning give up on him too soon? :dunno:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I didn't know that Panik went 52nd overall in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. :amazed:

Tampa simply had 14 players that outplayed him. We don't.
The jury is still out whether or not he is our Paajarvi.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He's played well when given minutes. Until he's given more minutes more often, we won't know. I'll definitely say that many of our bottom 6ers would be on the block before him.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

The Lightning have first and second year players like Drouin, Palat, Kucherov, Namestnikov, Killorn, Brown, Paquette, etc. having some success on their roster, Panik had nowhere to play. Maybe he will earn a job here.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He clearly lacks confidence in his own abilities. The guy was playing some really good hockey with the Admirals and Lightning the last couple of years and simply got moved out because of the numbers game.

What is he like 22? Lets be patient with him, because the Leafs got lucky on this one and could have a very good player on their hands in the coming years. He isn't some polished piece that was put on waivers, but he certainly could end up being a very useful tween player, given his size, skating and skill.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
he needs to work in a bottom 6 role, I just don't see him in the top 6.

I wouldnt mind seeing Komarov , Holland, Panik as our 3rd line and move Santorelli up

Delicious Dangles*

I guess I'm just not seeing what others are seeing.

I think he has been mediocre. I found him slow to react at times, and very reckless with certain plays. Don't really see much skill in him either, and as far as I'm aware, he's no penalty killer.

He's probably in a group with the likes of Frattin, Ashton, etc. Never really more than a 4th liner. I guess he has injury fill-in potential, but didn't really like him with Kessel TBH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad