Richard Panik

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
On a good team, which is what you should want out of your Toronto Maple Leafs, a player like Richard Panik should be a 4th liner.

On a bad team, Richard Panik is a 2nd or 3rd liner.

I don't think any 4th liners are on pace for 20 goals

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
when a guy like Dick Panik is on the Leafs' 4th line then I feel pretty damn confident in the team. they've got an embarrassment of riches on the wings really.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
The guy is currently scoring on 27% of his shot attempts.. To put things in perspective for a second.

A big question mark of Panik has always been his compete level and work ethic. Over the last 10 or so games, that has improved. However, it will be interesting to see if that keeps up.

mikebel111*

Always had potential and looks to be doing well now that he had a proper chance

Kind of the exact opposite of Kozun. Kozun looks good but gets virtually no production out of his game.
Panik looks good and produces

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
Always had potential and looks to be doing well now that he had a proper chance

Kind of the exact opposite of Kozun. Kozun looks good but gets virtually no production out of his game.
Panik looks good and produces

Unless and until he starts floating.. That was the point of my post. Once again, failing to directly respond to it, which you seem to be the king of.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I am pretty picky about saying these things but, if Panik Santorelli Winnik can be had for a combined 7-8m I would consider signing them pending they keep it up to the deadline

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
is he the best waiver pick up in Leaf history?

Dominic Moore maybe?

Loving Panik, I really think he has deserved a look further up the lineup - move PK guys down and Panik up. Get the Guelph Storm connection going with Holland!

Tyler Biggs*

What a goal by Panik! I could hardly believe he did that move and scored so effortlessly. Half a dozen goals on the season now by this guy - that's pretty nice for a waiver pick-up...

Panik laying a licking on Smith and scoring the winning goal makes him an instant fan favourite. Let's face it the loudest the building became was when Panik dropped his gloves and started pounding.

Last edited by a moderator:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Panik's had a really solid year. He was advertised as a floater who didnt put in effort defensively, but he's played a pretty solid all-around game. Sometimes getting waived or traded is the kick in the butt a guy needs to turn his game around.

mikebel111*

Really liking his game. Clearly has skill and is playing a very good safe game
Has made Kozun great preseason all but forgotten

leafstilldeath*

Looks great in the top 6 so far

played a tonne of mins last game, earning Horachek's trust

so far so good. Liking that players like Panik are given opportunity if they play well. Hoping to see improvements on the line as the season goes on. Test will come against the toughest 4 game trip this team will take this season

Kings
Ducks
Sharks (back-to-back)
Blues

Also hoping Reimer gets at least 2 of the 4 games. Wanna see how he does with the new system in place where goalies are not suppose to stand on their heads every single night to give us a chance to win.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I'd have no problem keeping Panik in the top 6 for an extended period of time.

Good straight ahead skater, who brings some physical play, and appears to have decent hands.

This is exactly what I think as well.

He doesn't seem amazing/elite at anything but he's just solid at everything...one of those nice guys who can do a bit of everything

WHLfollower

Sep 16, 2013
I don't mind Richard Panik, decent checker, somewhat decent and good vision. He reminds of Matt Frattin but better. Meh with some upside. I hope gets resigned on a cheap contract he be good for 2nd line when we have injuries but he is good scorer for 3/4th line. Nothing wrong have rounded guy like Panik. Low risk why not.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
He seems to have a hard time keeping possession of the puck. I think his role for the NHL is that of a finisher and he's shown great instincts on where to be to quickly get a shot off... he needs to gain some chemistry with teammates since he might transition from bottom six to top six. Jeremy Williams who gives a crap about the defensive side of things?

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
I liked Santorelli more in top 6 to be honest.

santa or komorov add more grit to the second line, but pannik adds some skill. if 3rd line got more minutes, i'd consider jvr-kadri-santa then maybe komorov-holland-panik.

i'd be happy with jvr-kadri-komorov. heck even winnik-kadri-kessel would be interesting with jvr-bozak-santa (lupul when he gets back) on second line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad