Richard Panik

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If he meets his potential or close to it, Where does he fit on a championship contending team long term? (3-5 Years, post rebuild)

3rd liner, who can fill in on 2nd line, or if he gets the right chemistry with a 2nd line C could stay there permanently.

Like most players, it's about chemistry when it comes to lineup positions, but I'd pencil him in as a 3rd liner on a cup contending team optimistically.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
3rd liner, who can fill in on 2nd line, or if he gets the right chemistry with a 2nd line C could stay there permanently.

Like most players, it's about chemistry when it comes to lineup positions, but I'd pencil him in as a 3rd liner on a cup contending team optimistically.

I agree. He can also play pp/pk too. I have noticed that Horachek has started using him on the 2nd pk unit when one of the regular pkers takes a penalty, and he hasn't been too bad.
I also think he has enough skills to play on the 2nd pp unit on a team that doesn't have 4 dmen who play pp. He has a pretty good shot and can be dangerous if you give him space in the slot. Couple that with a big body and he probably wouldn't be bad as a net presence who can move into the high slot and be a threat when the puck goes down low from the point.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I agree. He can also play pp/pk too. I have noticed that Horachek has started using him on the 2nd pk unit when one of the regular pkers takes a penalty, and he hasn't been too bad.
I also think he has enough skills to play on the 2nd pp unit on a team that doesn't have 4 dmen who play pp. He has a pretty good shot and can be dangerous if you give him space in the slot. Couple that with a big body and he probably wouldn't be bad as a net presence who can move into the high slot and be a threat when the puck goes down low from the point.

Agreed. However, I wish he'd stop taking one-timer slapshots. His one-timer snapshot is unreal, though.

I've noticed his explosiveness reach new levels recently; looks like he's working on his game, which is nice to see.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Anyone see a little Daniel Winnik in him?

Seems like a physical guy who isn't elite at anything but can play anywhere in the line-up and (so far) seems like a pretty hard worker.

Winnik doesnt have his scoring touch at all ...he's already better than Winnik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad