Prospect Info: Rhett Pitlick (2019, #131)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pitlick's season to date,

pre trade - 17-4-7-11 Even 0 pims (.65 ppg)

post trade - 14-5-10-15 +6 12 pims (1.07 ppg)

I've been looking forward to seeing how he develops ever since development camp.

An extremely fast skater.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oh thanks, sorry I didn’t see that post. Well I hope he’s gonna be a beast in the NCAA next year

that's because I moved it from the prospect thread to this thread to drum up some talk about him as he appears to be our next underrated prospect.

what I like to see,

pre trade - 17-4-7-11 Even 0 pims (.65 ppg)

post trade - 17-7-15-22 +9 12 pims (1.29 ppg)

It will be very interesting to see how he does at Minnesota next year, I think they have a good coach but last year the program disappointed and so far this year it hasn't been too much better but we'll see how it ends up.

What it looks like he needs to work on is his consistency, in just 7 of his 34 games he has 19 of his 33 pts so in 27 games he has just 15 pts although what really hurt him was on his first team he was held pointless in 9 of his 17 games, ouch.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Honestly have not seen any of this kid. Does he seem like a kid that can progress and make it or more of a guy that hits the AHL (and potentially not even) and then be moved around

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Honestly have not seen any of this kid. Does he seem like a kid that can progress and make it or more of a guy that hits the AHL (and potentially not even) and then be moved around

wait till we see him play a year or two in the NCAA and then we'll get a better read on him. Right now he has NHL speed/skating but needs to add mass, strength. Should be very interesting to see how he does at Minnesota next year and it should be fun to watch him play vs Caufield as they are both in the Big Ten so they should face each other a few times.

If they have a summer camp, I hope he gets invited to it for Team USA.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
wait till we see him play a year or two in the NCAA and then we'll get a better read on him. Right now he has NHL speed/skating but needs to add mass, strength. Should be very interesting to see how he does at Minnesota next year and it should be fun to watch him play vs Caufield as they are both in the Big Ten so they should face each other a few times.

If they have a summer camp, I hope he gets invited to it for Team USA.
Was this year a typically better year than maybe some expected? Honestly I follow all (most)prospects but he's the only one im shy on info for, and seems like he's someone id like to watch progress

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Was this year a typically better year than maybe some expected? Honestly I follow all (most)prospects but he's the only one im shy on info for, and seems like he's someone id like to watch progress

not really, would have preferred more points but it's hard to say as he was on one team that wasn't doing so well and then he gets traded to another team and does much better there despite being on a worse team. I didn't get to see a ton of him but in the games I saw he was impressive but appears to have struggled a bit with consistency. That's why I want to see how he does next year at Minnesota, they didn't have a great team but a better team then Caufield's with a much better coach imo.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
not really, would have preferred more points but it's hard to say as he was on one team that wasn't doing so well and then he gets traded to another team and does much better there despite being on a worse team. I didn't get to see a ton of him but in the games I saw he was impressive but appears to have struggled a bit with consistency. That's why I want to see how he does next year at Minnesota, they didn't have a great team but a better team then Caufield's with a much better coach imo.
Awesome, yes I know abit about Minnesota so ill def be watching out next year, thanks

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-6-7_10-4-21.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He really stood out at development camp I thought.

He did... Speedy and full of energy for a small guy. Bust/Hit type pick. Could turn into a Weal type player or he could be dynamic. Probably turns into a Weal type player. Finding a top 6 forward in the 5th round? That's rare, very rare!

Our next Gallagher? Would be nice but I'd be surprised. Next level to watch is what he can do in the NCAA at 19/20 next season

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Looks like both Pitlick and Koster will be joining each other in their 1st NCAA season in Minnesota. Played high school together and both have very good stats that lead the all time points for their High schools.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He did... Speedy and full of energy for a small guy. Bust/Hit type pick. Could turn into a Weal type player or he could be dynamic. Probably turns into a Weal type player. Finding a top 6 forward in the 5th round? That's rare, very rare!

Our next Gallagher? Would be nice but I'd be surprised. Next level to watch is what he can do in the NCAA at 19/20 next season

It will be interesting to discover how good his hands and hockey sense are over the next few years.

Todd Marchand, Jan Bulis, Paul Byron, Maxime LaPierre, Mason Raymond, and ... Pavel Bure are players that come to mind when it comes to extra gear speed.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It will be interesting to discover how good his hands and hockey sense are over the next few years.

Todd Marchand, Jan Bulis, Paul Byron, Maxime LaPierre, Mason Raymond, and ... Pavel Bure are players that come to mind when it comes to extra gear speed.

He's a little bolt of energy from what I have heard about him. Solid use of a 5th round pick. We can allow him to develop in the NCAA like Evans did and then we can see if we want to sign him after he has at least two NCAA seasons

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Pitlick is playing at the South Florida 3v3. It's a summer league in Pompano Beach. He's with Team Kodsi (Black Jersey).

upload_2020-6-29_12-6-58.png

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Rhett trained at OnlineHockeyTraining. Lance (Rhett's dad) is his coach.

Specialized at off-ice stickhandling, shooting and passing instructional video drills. It's a web-based training program that provides a step-by-step teaching method for stickhandling and shooting skills. Their program has a library of 1000+ video drills organized into instructional modules that can be accessed on any digital device and our product is designed for use at home, in the garage, basement, or backyard and it can help players of any age, skill level, or gender. All you need is a smooth, dry surface approximately 10’ wide and 15’ to 20’ deep, a goal net, and something to protect the walls or windows from pucks shot toward the net. All of the training modules are 100% “Satisfaction and Effectiveness” Guaranteed.

upload_2020-7-3_12-53-27.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad