Confirmed with Link: RFAs & UFAs | QOs: Kucherov, Killorn, others | Marchessault to FLA (updates post #1)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Detroit. Desperate for young but proven talent. Toronto. Needs a uber-skilled guy to play with Matthews. Ottawa. And good god, my Rangers would sell their souls to land Kucherov (we need a Russian mentor/babysitter/good influence for Buchnevich) but don't appear to have cap space. Honestly if I am a GM and can land a talent like Kuch say 7mil / 6 yrs I would say hell with draft picks.

We'd match that if we had to. Or pretty much any offer south of 9 mil. It'd hurt everything else but we're not going to let someone snipe him off of us. So no point of another team even bothering to sign him to an offer sheet imo.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I remember hearing, just like Hedman, Kucherov loves it hear and doesn't want to go anywhere else.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I remember hearing, just like Hedman, Kucherov loves it hear and doesn't want to go anywhere else.

It's what I heard as well, plus the Lightning payed for his surgery when his KHL team wouldn't. Not saying he's going to give us a huge discount or will refuse to sign an offer sheet, but I'm willing to bet he gives Yzerman a better than fair shot at making a deal.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I feel that since we've been quiet at the UFA market that we'll probably re-sign as many as possible of our RFA, I mean if they didn't want to stay then I think Yzerman would have tried to get someone else since we'd be down 3 forwards.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
It's what I heard as well, plus the Lightning payed for his surgery when his KHL team wouldn't. Not saying he's going to give us a huge discount or will refuse to sign an offer sheet, but I'm willing to bet he gives Yzerman a better than fair shot at making a deal.

This is what I feel as well, Palat is another one who have openly said how much he loves Tampa and everything about the team and the city.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
C'mon.. quit teasing us. Sign the Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuch man

Whoever is going to or working at Bern's Steakhouse tonight, please let us know if Stone Cold Steve Freaking Yzerman is having dinner there to night with Kuch, Killorn, and their agents.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
It feels like Kuch wants more than $6M. We don't have the cap space and we are trying to move Bish before signing Kuch. Could it be?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Yeah, I'm starting to think all my happy thoughts about Kuch taking a team friendly contract were just pipe dreams. Hopefully I'm wrong. Still have to get him signed either way.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
We just waited, what, half a year for Stamkos to take the original deal he was offered, we're not even the full day into free agency, and you guys are inferring things that aren't remotely clear. Go have a beer or something. :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We just waited, what, half a year for Stamkos to take the original deal he was offered, we're not even the full day into free agency, and you guys are inferring things that aren't remotely clear. Go have a beer or something. :laugh:

Was thinking the same thing. I'm nervous about offer sheets too, but it's been a matter of hours. Let's not get spoiled.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Well, guess what, son...Get with it cause Stamkos and Hedman pretty much set the table for the standard around here.
It's business. Hedman pretty much got what he's worth. You can't expect a professional athlete to leave too much money on the table. There is always a risk of a career-ending injury. People expecting Kucherov to sign for $5m - how fair is that to the player?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's business. Hedman pretty much got what he's worth. You can't expect a professional athlete to leave too much money on the table. There is always a risk of a career-ending injury. People expecting Kucherov to sign for $5m - how fair is that to the player?

I don't think many people are expecting under six.

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
Well, guess what, son...Get with it cause Stamkos and Hedman pretty much set the table for the standard around here.

Yes they did, indeed. I'm pretty confident Steve is persuading all of the coreplayers to act the same way. He obviously wasn't afraid to let Face of the Franchise walk as he didn't seem to blink from his first offer. He is bold, stubborn man with a plan.

"Leave a couple of 100k on the table and I will bring you a cup. If not, you´re out". I don't think he would hesitate trading one of Killer/Johnson/Drouin/Palat if they're reluctant to sign for what he deems fair. Maybe even Kuch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad