Confirmed with Link: RFAs & UFAs | QOs: Kucherov, Killorn, others | Marchessault to FLA (updates post #1)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Restricted free agents:

F Broll
F Brown re-signed
F Gourde qualified
F Killorn qualified
F Kucherov qualified
F McGinn re-signed
F Namestnikov qualified
F Paquette re-signed

D Nesterov qualified
D Sergeyev

G Gudlevskis qualified

Unrestricted free agents:

F Angelidis
F Ashton
F Blunden
F Paradis
F Tambellini signed in Europe
F Marchessault signed with Florida
F Stamkos re-signed

D Ohlund
D Taormina re-signed
D Witkowski re-signed

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Restricted free agents:

F Broll gone
F Brown 1.75 x 2
F Gourde gone
F Killorn 3.75 x3
F Kucherov 6 x 6
F McGinn gone
F Namestnikov 2x2
F Paquette gone or 1 million prove it deal

D Nesterov 1 year 1 million prove it deal
D Sergeyev gone

G Gudlevskis 800k 2 years

F Angelidis stays
F Ashton stays
F Blunden stays
F Paradis gone?
F Tabellini stays?
F Marchessault gone for better opportunity
F Stamkos signs long term 9x8

D Ohlund off the books
D Taormina stays
D Witkowski
stays

I am hoping someone starts putting who is most important to team moving forward like thing up this is a start:) SO THANK YOU!!

can we get another for year 2? that is where the heavy lifting will be coming:(

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Brown 1.875 x 2
Gourde qualified 650k
Killorn 4.125 x 4
Kucherov 6.875 x 8
Namestnikov 2.25 x 2
Paquette 725k x 1

Nesterov qualified 825k x 1

Gudlevskis qualified 675k x 1

Blunden 700k x 1
Tambellini 650k x 1

Taormina 650k x 1
Witkowski 650k x1

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I would at least qualify or try to sign all of them minus Ashton and Ohlund. Not necessarily expecting some of those guys to return but I generally like what they brought to the table although not sure what Sergeev's deal is.

I still believe it's possible (albeit very difficult) to keep Stamkos and retain the core of the team.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I would at least qualify or try to sign all of them minus Ashton and Ohlund. Not necessarily expecting some of those guys to return but I generally like what they brought to the table although not sure what Sergeev's deal is.

I still believe it's possible (albeit very difficult) to keep Stamkos and retain the core of the team.

Why don't you think we'd resign Ohlund?

ntB2KhM.gif

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Think Paquette is gone, right? He's easily replaced from within (Richard, Vermin come to mind for example). He's been a non-factor all season long...

Namestnikov should get another chance, especially with a potential Filppula move.

Nesterov is a close call as he couldn't convince at all. Maybe another deal, do-or-die.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Think Paquette is gone, right? He's easily replaced from within (Richard, Vermin come to mind for example). He's been a non-factor all season long...

No reason not to resign him and at least give him a shot to show improvement in camp. If he gets beat out for his roster spot we try to move him; if we can't we put him through waivers and he either gets taken (in which case we're in the same position as if we didn't resign him in the first place) or we put him back in Syracuse (in which case we retain a depth player with valuable NHL experience including two deep playoff runs who can at least fill a spot in the event of injuries.)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If Filpula and Carle are gone I think Stamkos returns. However that means Bish will be gone after this season.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010

Namestnikov should get another chance, especially with a potential Filppula move.

Nesterov is a close call as he couldn't convince at all. Maybe another deal, do-or-die.

If Carle is bought out, I would keep Nesterov simply for depth.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If this happened, this clearly spells out in my eyes:

We don't want to win a Cup

Yea I don't see them trading Garrison. Our D is fine. Get rid of Carle, move Koekkoek to his spot and you got yourself an above average D. I'm more concerned with depth scoring.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
No reason not to resign him and at least give him a shot to show improvement in camp. If he gets beat out for his roster spot we try to move him; if we can't we put him through waivers and he either gets taken (in which case we're in the same position as if we didn't resign him in the first place) or we put him back in Syracuse (in which case we retain a depth player with valuable NHL experience including two deep playoff runs who can at least fill a spot in the event of injuries.)

EE speculated he wasn't 100% at all this year and was playing through something(s). Though that may be the result of the style of his play. I don't see the harm in bringing him back at what will be a small contract and see if he can regain his 14-15 form. He needs to get back to being an a-hole for the 8-10 minutes a game he plays.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I dont see Vermin as ready for the NHL at this pont, but then neither is Richard. Tanner is closest, but could use one more season in Syracuse wearing the "A" to mature into the all around player the organziation needs. I have been a Wit fan since he arrived, but he does not seem to be in the organizations big plans so it is time to cut ties. Same for Angelidis. Blunden should be kept but Paradis is far too injury prone to warrant a spot in Syracuse. Vets will be needed for the Crunch but hopefully the coaching change lights a fire uner the youth movement and they play to their potential.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I dont see Vermin as ready for the NHL at this pont, but then neither is Richard. Tanner is closest, but could use one more season in Syracuse wearing the "A" to mature into the all around player the organziation needs. I have been a Wit fan since he arrived, but he does not seem to be in the organizations big plans so it is time to cut ties. Same for Angelidis. Blunden should be kept but Paradis is far too injury prone to warrant a spot in Syracuse. Vets will be needed for the Crunch but hopefully the coaching change lights a fire uner the youth movement and they play to their potential.

I thought until his injury Vermin looked pretty good with the big club.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He's decent right now, but gets knocked around a lot.

As with all youngster the hope is he improves his strength during the off-season and kinda bounces back from his injury this season. IMO Vermin is among a couple very solid options from within the organization for the bottom-6 next year. I mean after all we're talking regular season here, so let's see who sticks, who clicks with whom and go from there.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
RFA'S:

F Broll - Bye
F Brown - Keep
F Gourde - Bye
F Killorn - KEEP
F Kucherov - KEEP
F McGinn - Bye
F Namestnikov - Sign and trade or bye
F Paquette - Bye

D Nesterov - Bye
D Sergeyev - Bye

G Gudlevskis - KEEP

F Angelidis - Bye
F Ashton - Bye
F Blunden - Keep at right price
F Paradis - Keep at right price
F Tambellini - Moot point went home
F Marchessault - Keep
F Stamkos - KEEP

D Ohlund - Bye
D Taormina - Keep
D Witkowski - Keep at right price

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Yea I don't see them trading Garrison. Our D is fine. Get rid of Carle, move Koekkoek to his spot and you got yourself an above average D. I'm more concerned with depth scoring.

I agree with you COC. Buyout Carle, keep Koekkoek and Garrison. Carle was a turnover machine as his passes were so slow it looked like he was feeding practice shots to the other team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
RFA'S:

F Broll - Bye
F Brown - Keep
F Gourde - Bye
F Killorn - KEEP
F Kucherov - KEEP
F McGinn - Bye
F Namestnikov - Sign and trade or bye
F Paquette - Bye

D Nesterov - Bye
D Sergeyev - Bye

G Gudlevskis - KEEP

F Angelidis - Bye
F Ashton - Bye
F Blunden - Keep at right price
F Paradis - Keep at right price
F Tambellini - Moot point went home
F Marchessault - Keep
F Stamkos - KEEP

D Ohlund - Bye
D Taormina - Keep
D Witkowski - Keep at right price

Didn't realize Tambellini was Swedish.

Why keep Paradis and get rid of Gourde, Yanni is the better player and can stay healthy.

Can you tell me when the last sign and trade was in the NHL? If we somehow can't make this happen you just let Namestnikov walk? But you want to KEEP Stamkos at what price?

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Didn't realize Tambellini was Swedish.

Why keep Paradis and get rid of Gourde, Yanni is the better player and can stay healthy.

Can you tell me when the last sign and trade was in the NHL? If we somehow can't make this happen you just let Namestnikov walk? But you want to KEEP Stamkos at what price?

Keep Stammer for no more than 8.5-9m. Names could be traded if we gave him a cheap 3 year deal and other teams thought we were keeping him. He has some trade value but probably only on draft day.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Keep Stammer for no more than 8.5-9m. Names could be traded if we gave him a cheap 3 year deal and other teams thought we were keeping him. He has some trade value but probably only on draft day.

Some trade value? Brett Connolly had some trade value and got two 2nd's. Namestnikov has a lot of value. I'd also prefer Namestnikov at 3mil than Stamkos at 9.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Some trade value? Brett Connolly had some trade value and got two 2nd's. Namestnikov has a lot of value. I'd also prefer Namestnikov at 3mil than Stamkos at 9.

This. Actually considering our complete and utter lack of cap room it's more like Namestnikov at 3 AND Palat or Johnson at 6 versus Stamkos at 9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad