Confirmed with Link: RFAs & UFAs | QOs: Kucherov, Killorn, others | Marchessault to FLA (updates post #1)

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
It's business. Hedman pretty much got what he's worth. You can't expect a professional athlete to leave too much money on the table. There is always a risk of a career-ending injury. People expecting Kucherov to sign for $5m - how fair is that to the player?

Not what I meant. I was referring to the possibility of him wanting to break the bank here.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Not what I meant. I was referring to the possibility of him wanting to break the bank here.
What would that entail though? I am looking at it from a non-Bolts fan perspective. To me, Kucherov = Tarasenko. And if the rest of the league hasn't caught on yet, they will next year. So what contract would be 'breaking the bank' and what would be 'fair compensation"? That's the tricky part.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
What would that entail though? I am looking at it from a non-Bolts fan perspective. To me, Kucherov = Tarasenko. And if the rest of the league hasn't caught on yet, they will next year. So what contract would be 'breaking the bank' and what would be 'fair compensation"? That's the tricky part.

General Fanager says we've got about 13m in projected cap space. If we earmark 4 for Killorn, 2.5 for Namestnikov, and 1m for Nesterov (I think this is 100k too much, personally; Sustr was playing regular minutes on the bottom pairing and got 1.45m) that leaves us with only 5.5m. I thought I've read in the past that we can go 10% over the cap during the offseason (is that right?) and Callahan is expected to start the season on LTIR so it's possible there's going to be some cap-juggling shenanigans going on.

In any case, the fact that at least some of the possible Bishop deals we had on the table have fallen through and Yzerman didn't buy out Filppula tells me he's got something up his sleeve--a cheapish bridge for one of the aforementioned RFAs or a pretty big trade he's waiting on for whatever reason.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Chill out, it takes a minute to make all of these contracts, let alone negotiate them.

Exactly. They can hit the desert room together at 9:30-10 pm, sip some $2400 brandy, then sign.

Bern's is a great place to make deals.:naughty::D

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also realize the RFA extensions will be more complicated. There's the whole buying UFA years element that tilts the value, and on top of it there is a lot of things w/r/t NMCs/NTCs on those later years. Hedman and Stamkos would have been considerably easier.

HowSweeeedeItIs

Jan 19, 2014
San Francisco
It's business. Hedman pretty much got what he's worth.You can't expect a professional athlete to leave too much money on the table. There is always a risk of a career-ending injury. People expecting Kucherov to sign for $5m - how fair is that to the player?

Hedman is easily worth $9M AAV and would've been able to make even more than that as a UFA. There is no doubt in my mind that a team would've offered him $10M as a free agent. He is one of the most complete defensemen in the game. I see Filip Forsberg as a comparable for Kuch, so 6 x 6 should be close. Kucherov has some more playoff experience, so maybe he will get a little more, but that's roughly what I'm expecting.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
16rw6e.jpg

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Not a Tampa super-fan, but like the team. Has proven to be one of the most resilient and entertaining teams in the NHL. If I were Tampa, I would worry about Kucherov. Make no mistake, he is your best skater - not Stamkos. There are yahoos out there that can offer something ridiculous for him. Ideally you get Kucherov for $36m/6 - but he's worth more.

we accept all :)

Detroit. Desperate for young but proven talent. Toronto. Needs a uber-skilled guy to play with Matthews. Ottawa. And good god, my Rangers would sell their souls to land Kucherov (we need a Russian mentor/babysitter/good influence for Buchnevich) but don't appear to have cap space. Honestly if I am a GM and can land a talent like Kuch say 7mil / 6 yrs I would say hell with draft picks.

problem is kucherov is that guy (who ignores offer sheets anywhere else)

Chill out, it takes a minute to make all of these contracts, let alone negotiate them.

This

I will point out how often am I wrong or have I been wrong on therussiannightmare aka clutch nikita kucherov???

I got laughed at belittled yep it happened I like the stevie plan:) Kucherov 6x6

shortly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad