Rumor: RFA D David Rundblad May sign in KHL

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Rundblad's 39 in 50 AHL season easily makes him one of the highest scoring defenceman in the league.

He was worth a mid-first
Caught fire in Sweden
Spent one year adjusting in NA
Back to lighting it up again.

Easily still worth a first, I'd say, and still way too early to say we won this trade.

Agreed all around but I'd certainly try offering a couple of our prospects (anyone and Stone) so we can retain out first round pick.

As good as I think Rundblad can become I think the real winner in the two Rundblad trades will be St. Louis. I see Tarasenko as a potential super star.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Rundblad's 39 in 50 AHL season easily makes him one of the highest scoring defenceman in the league.

He was worth a mid-first
Caught fire in Sweden
Spent one year adjusting in NA
Back to lighting it up again.

Easily still worth a first, I'd say, and still way too early to say we won this trade.

No its not. Turris is a legitimate 2nd line center with maybe even top line upside someday. Rundblad lacks hockey sense to be a #1 or #2 Dman from all the times I've viewed him. Has the athleticism to be a top 4 dman and powerplay quarterback though.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Yup, everyone always gets pumped up about his potential, sort of like things have always been with Latendresse. Well, at least up until now.

I think Turris is a far better player than Rundblad will ever be. Hope and pixie farts only carry you so far, and eventually you have to prove you belong in the NHL. Turris is growing into the #2 center role and has shown that he is a clutch player. Rundblad will never be a regular top 4 in the NHL, IMO.

BigCanadian

Mar 7, 2007
Kanata
I would be happy to have Rundblad back. Was sorry to see him leave (although I was thrilled with Turris, I have always felt we could have acquired Turris without moving DR).

I don't want to move our 1st for him because I see our first being used to acquire another key piece (Ryan or someone) to help up front. I believe we have surplus talent elsewhere that we could move for DR and would welcome him back. If he was to be moved that is...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00