Post-Game Talk: Rexall, Northlands, Skyreach Centre, Edmonton Coliseum-final NHL bow

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Repost from Game Thread:

Goodbye, Coliseum. Even with the lousy memories that have taken place over the last while, it sure doesn't erase the happy memories and inspirational moments that have taken place within your old walls. I'm glad I got to experience your roar, your atmosphere, and your history.

Thanks for the memories. Your history here will never be forgotten.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
OZhSm2l.gif

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I was jaded as usual and could not give 2 craps about this team. Than the ceremony came on and it all vanished and it was replaced with sadness.

For someone growing up in the mid to late 80's in Edmonton was a special place. I feel for the newer fans that could not experience the real magic of the Coliseum. We all have our amazing memories. Me personally skating on that ice as a youngster, meeting the 1990 Oilers frequently throughout the years as one of my parents was working at Rexall during the time. I just remembered being so excited seeing this guys who were super heroes to me. The difference now looking back was how much more grounded and down to earth the athletes back then were.

Most of us from this city have great and not so great memories from this place. Apathy and being jaded are on the back burner, and now that the building is closing it really is a sad moment and a reminder how fleeting time itself is and how 45 years just went by in a blink and now a historic building is closing its door, more or less.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00