Speculation: Revamping Management and Turning Stones

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
None of the bolded are significant shackles. Bilingual coaches aren't exactly a rarity. Building a contender with an elite goalie is not an issue. "[N]eed[ing] to be conservative" is pretty vague, and doesn't really seem like an actual environmental issue. Managing controversies are a reality of every market.

What I mean is I feel the next guy the habs hire will be the same as the last 3 guys we hired. They all did the same thing. Build a team around the goalie, hire french coaches, and trade anyone who has a big personality (Ribero/Subban etc...).

I can't imagine the Habs hireing a guy who will be able to think outside of that box that the ownership of this team has put up. And to top it off thanks to MB we are stuck with 10.5 anchor in Price. So the GM either has to continue building around Price or hope and pray the CBA or Seattle provides a get out of jail free card.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
What I mean is I feel the next guy the habs hire will be the same as the last 3 guys we hired. They all did the same thing. Build a team around the goalie, hire french coaches, and trade anyone who has a big personality (Ribero/Subban etc...).

I can't imagine the Habs hireing a guy who will be able to think outside of that box that the ownership of this team has put up. And to top it off thanks to MB we are stuck with 10.5 anchor in Price. So the GM either has to continue building around Price or hope and pray the CBA or Seattle provides a get out of jail free card.

Hopefully the box shrinks enough that the team will be forced to look outside it, like what happened in Toronto. And hopefully it doesn't take as long.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Hopefully the box shrinks enough that the team will be forced to look outside it, like what happened in Toronto. And hopefully it doesn't take as long.

I think the walls are closing in, but it seems like Molson thinks the solution is better hot dogs at the Bell center and building more condos and resto's.

I think things will be worse if the habs miss the playoffs next year, because Molson will be even more desperate for playoff revenue.

The team needs to be in a situation where they are close, but the guy in charge can't get us over the hump so a new guy is brought in to add the last championship piece. Desperate Molson and desperate MB isn't good for the team going forward.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think the walls are closing in, but it seems like Molson thinks the solution is better hot dogs at the Bell center and building more condos and resto's.

I think things will be worse if the habs miss the playoffs next year, because Molson will be even more desperate for playoff revenue.

The team needs to be in a situation where they are close, but the guy in charge can't get us over the hump so a new guy is brought in to add the last championship piece. Desperate Molson and desperate MB isn't good for the team going forward.

I'm less concerned about Molson sticking with a FO that isn't working long term and more concerned with him not bringing in forward thinking people.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

is there any version of MB that is good for the future ? ? ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With the Leafs handing the GM position to Dubas, they have a malcontent on their hands. Mark Hunter is said to be wanting out.

Wondering if Hunter may consider the opportunity to join the Habs in a high level capacity and provide the Habs with a wealth of knowledge and be rewarded with increasing responsibilities and a title to go with it. Just the fact of having Hunter would allow the Habs an incredible resource for their turnaround. Add Bouchard to the mix, and there would be some pretty solid hockey minds entering the fold. Maybe even Jacques Lemaire can be swayed to act as consultant.

Possible?

Last edited:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
With the Leafs handing the GM position to Dubas, they have a malcontent on their hands. Mark Hunter is said to be wanting out.

Wondering if Hunter may consider the opportunity to join the Habs in a high level capacity and provide the Habs with a wealth of knowledge and be rewarded with increasing responsibilities and a title to go with it. Just the fact of having Hunter would allow the Habs an incredible resource for their turnaround. Add Bouchard to the mix, and there would be some pretty solid hockey minds entering the fold. Maybe even Jacques Lemaire can be swayed to act as consultant.

Possible?

1. Too good at scouting.

2. Not good enough at being french.

You decide which would matter most to this org.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1. Too good at scouting.

2. Not good enough at being french.

You decide which would matter most to this org.

I know that he wouldn't be hired to become GM here but he could become a PHO or VPHO, provided the GM continues to be a French speaker. And he could learn the language while acting in this capacity and he is probably already familiar with the basic tenets, having played in the city over several years. However, so long as the GM is a French speaker, he should be allowed to work out the language component at his discretion, if he so wishes.

Alternatively, he could continue as an assistant GM here with a hand in the draft and provide invaluable knowledge of the OHL and that would buy him time into the next GM opportunity that presents itself, wherever that may be. Fact is, he is disgruntled at Dubas getting the job -- there is a definite opportunity to poach, without language having to enter the equation.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
That’s just silly. Dudley, Timmins, Churla etc are all high level and speak no French. Only coach and GM are expected to be francophone.

I know. I've just been over on the Jets board for the last month and haven't had anything to bitch about for a while. Felt too weird so I had to come back here.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I know that he wouldn't be hired to become GM here but he could become a PHO or VPHO, provided the GM continues to be a French speaker. And he could learn the language while acting in this capacity and he is probably already familiar with the basic tenets, having played in the city over several years. However, so long as the GM is a French speaker, he should be allowed to work out the language component at his discretion, if he so wishes.

Alternatively, he could continue as an assistant GM here with a hand in the draft and provide invaluable knowledge of the OHL and that would buy him time into the next GM opportunity that presents itself, wherever that may be. Fact is, he is disgruntled at Dubas getting the job -- there is a definite opportunity to poach, without language having to enter the equation.

Ha ha... I love how despite not getting fired, the tables have turned on Bergevin. Where he once had full control, he now has limited control and in not too long, will act only as a figurehead. Where the foxhole once lay, now it's completely filled and instead lies a heap of dung on which Bergevin stands for all to see.

Take a bow, dumbass, the end is nigh for you.

Reactions: Runner77

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Joël Bouchard a-t-il dirigé son dernier match de la LHJMQ? « Ma tête n’est pas là. J’ai besoin de donner de l’amour à mes gars. En ce moment, ils en ont besoin. » Il s’incline en finale pour une deuxième année de suite. #tvasports Via Lalancette

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Stu Cowan: Joël Bouchard sure looks like a good fit with Canadiens

“There’s nothing to comment about,” Bouchard said during a one-on-one interview a couple of hours before Friday night’s game when asked about the Canadiens. “We’re focusing on what we have to do here. I don’t focus on stuff that’s not real for me, so that’s why I don’t comment on it because there’s not much to say. I understand people are talking because Montreal has been out for a while now. But from my standpoint, I’m very happy with where I’m at and keep the focus on what we have to do. It’s all just speculation for me.”

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Stu Cowan: Joël Bouchard sure looks like a good fit with Canadiens

Bouchard has no regrets about giving up the charter flights, five-star hotels and TV fame to go back to riding the buses in junior.
“I always liked coaching,” he said. “I like being with the kids and I’m still a young guy. I liked TV, I had a great experience there. I was very blessed and lucky. But life is short and I wanted to live hockey … I love it. A lot of people say it’s a commitment, a sacrifice … I don’t see it that way. I think it’s a great life experience. Being part of Hockey Canada for the last five years on top of being president, general manager and coach here … you can’t buy that experience.”

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Stu Cowan: Future is now for Joël Bouchard after Armada is eliminated

Bouchard was asked about the possibility of leaving the Armada and responded: “At the end of the day, it doesn’t come down to leaving here. It’s seeing what’s next and I don’t know what it’s going to be, to be very honest, and I’ll never leave here in my heart. I’m an owner here … it’s my team and they’re my boys. So it’s not even a discussion about leaving … I’m not leaving.”
But he probably is … at least physically.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
you said Trevor doesn't speak french..lol click on the video ,54 seconds in

I said it’s not a prerequisite for anyone but the coach and GM to speak French. Timmins can speak Dutch and Churla can speak Khoisan for all I care.

That’s just silly. Dudley, Timmins, Churla etc are all high level and speak no French. Only coach and GM are expected to be francophone.

Reactions: Habaneros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad