GDT: Retro Trash? Islanders @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Also if you're coming to the game tonight, it's the food drive. Anything over 4 items gets you a free voucher for 2 tickets to a future game. I still think it should be a minimum of 10 items like it used to be but bring as much as you can.

Here is what they need most...

raw.png

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Nice to have 2 RWs on the 1st line and 2 LWs on the 3rd line.

I guess we'll never see the "Boqvist on the 1st line" experiment again since he proved he can't play there by getting hurt on his first shift.
Seriously I don't get it. Why not give it a shot the season at this point is lost anyway. There's multiple things to try. Boqvist is a no brainier to experiment with. I know Gusev & Coleman go together like peanut butter & jelly but I kind of wish we could experiment putting Gusev back on 1st line left wing. I think he's definitely earned it. Who knows for all we know he could take off completely especially back at his natural position. I don't think we ever tried a line of Gusev-Nico-Palmeri. I think that line could be disgusting. You got Gusev to just dish out the perfect passes, Nico to battle for the puck/create opportunity & Palmeri for sniper. Just thinking about those 3 together it could be magic. It's mind blowing we never tried that line before especially now that Hall is gone.

Reactions: Owenay

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Also if you're coming to the game tonight, it's the food drive. Anything over 4 items gets you a free voucher for 2 tickets to a future game. I still think it should be a minimum of 10 items like it used to be but bring as much as you can.

Here is what they need most...

raw.png

It's good they made a limit though. I have a cheapskate buddy who brought one can once a couple of years ago. :laugh: Threw a lot of shade at him for that.

I've got my 5 cans of soup and vegetables ready though.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It's good they made a limit though. I have a cheapskate buddy who brought one can once a couple of years ago. :laugh: Threw a lot of shade at him for that.

I've got my 5 cans of soup and vegetables ready though.

It use to be 10 items and that's my biggest peeve. I complained a lot to my rep the year they had it at 1 or 2 but I think 4 is still way too low.

At minimum people can easily get 10 cans of things for like $5. That $2.50 each ticket for a future game. That's more than reasonable to me.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It's cool to see a sponsor actually put in a little effort and show they care.

The All Star game would be nice for Nico, if he in fact wants to go. I know a lot of guys actually prefer the break and like to go on vacation.

Reactions: Billdo

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It's mind blowing we never tried that line before especially now that Hall is gone.
Well, it wasn't REALLY an option till we traded Hall, at which point Goose had already gelled with the Zajac line, and I can understand the "if it ain't broke, don't break up the line" mentality there.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Could be a rough one

Luckily theyre on a back to back but missing Bratt and Jack is Hughe

Reactions: glenwo2

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
4th line is a pile of trash for sure . I know it’s nice to reward some players that put their heart and soul into their game in the AHL but at some point it would be nice to bring up some kids and players that maybe have NHL talent ???
It’s not like we are in a playoff race so it would be nice to see what the kids have . No more Seney though . Have enough 5’2” players in the lineup already .

Why not call up one of :
Maltsev
Bastian
Merkley
Zetterland

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
4th line is a pile of trash for sure . I know it’s nice to reward some players that put their heart and soul into their game in the AHL but at some point it would be nice to bring up some kids and players that maybe have NHL talent ???
It’s not like we are in a playoff race so it would be nice to see what the kids have . No more Seney though . Have enough 5’2” players in the lineup already .

Why not call up one of :
Maltsev
Bastian
Merkley
Zetterland
Didn't this board go ape when we called up Street?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Why not call up one of :
Maltsev
Bastian
Merkley
Zetterland

Both Bratt and Hughes are considered day-to-day and Street has been around the block and been the best player in Binghamton. Rather than jerk the kids around to play less than 10 minutes in the bigs, let them play more meaningful minutes in the AHL if it's likely going to be a short stint here anyway and just bring up a placeholder like Street.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Both Bratt and Hughes are considered day-to-day and Street has been around the block and been the best player in Binghamton. Rather than jerk the kids around to play less than 10 minutes in the bigs, let them play more meaningful minutes in the AHL if it's likely going to be a short stint here anyway and just bring up a placeholder like Street.
Makes sense . At some point though would like one of the younger guys to get a look .
No matter what it’s nit like they will be called up and tossed into a role where they play 20+ minutes a night though

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
isles again?

seems like a couple quick turnarounds vs other teams lately ……now i remember that idiotic schedule matrix that had division play 8 times a season…….what a f***ing disaster that was

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just had chicken and broccoli. Pretty sure it's going to be the highlight of this evening.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Why not call up one of :
Maltsev
Bastian
Merkley
Zetterland
Anderson

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Of course, I'm lucky enough to be in attendance tonight. :laugh: Section 133.

But I hope we take it to them style wise the way we did last time. I know we're going to be missing Jack again and potentially Bratt as well, but hopefully the boys will be chomping at the bit to take it to them again tonight.

Really not looking forward to having to see the Isles contingent at the arena with their goddamn Yes chant. Hopefully it doesn't even come out tonight, god willing.

Did you bring another jersey? Like a Sharks jersey or something? That way if we're getting crushed by the 2nd period you can put it on and wander around like you got lost and are at the game by accident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad