Post-Game Talk: RETRO NIGHT - Flying Skate Canucks 2 vs. Wendel Clark Leafs 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
You gotta realize though it's a business and ratings are a huge thing. 4 pm PST is much more manageable for Toronto fans and the east, as well as places in Europe as well, since the Leafs are such a popular franchise.

Does anyone want to watch the Leafs these days? :laugh:

JA

I think this is the only footage on YouTube of the skate jersey Canucks in black facing the Gilmour-era Leafs in white.

Game 2 of the 1994 Western Conference Finals in Toronto.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Toronto greatly outrates us?

Well yes obviously but their loyalty is shifting in a big way. With the Blue Jays being legit contender Torontonians aren't so delusional and desperate. I imagine it's only going to get worse with that AHL lineup they're dressing.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Oh nos a 4pm start! If only they had almost a year to know when this game would start instead of it being this huge surprise! If only other teams hosted afternoon games during the season! Then it wouldn't be a big deal! But this, this is ********.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
4 western canadian teams have to deal with this. Not just Vancouver.

We played Calgary and Edmonton at 9pm. So a 6PM start local.

I thought you guys liked 4pm's? All our fans out west love 4PM games because they have the rest of their night free after watching a game.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

I thought you guys liked 4pm's? All our fans out west love 4PM games because they have the rest of their night free after watching a game.

I like 4pm starts it just sucks for some people who have to work in the afternoon and whatnot.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

Nobody lets me complain. I need to let out this irrational anger somehow :laugh:

I'm just salty because the Comets game is exactly at the same time of the game in Vancouver.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The more I think about this issue the more I realize that I'm wrong.

Why won't you let me hate the Leafs DL44. My hatred for them is irrational in the first place.

:rant::rant::rant:

Ha ha...

I'm wondering if anyone knows... when the Canucks aren't playing on HNiC... how are the ratings in Van for game 1 vs game 2 traditionally.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I wandered by the team store and impulsively bought a Horvat spaghetti skate jersey.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

A lot of people work weekends and generally can't catch the 4pm start.

I don't mind it as much as some but it's kind of silly that only Vancouver has to change the time drastically.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
A lot of people work weekends and generally can't catch the 4pm start.

I don't mind it as much as some but it's kind of silly that only Vancouver has to change the time drastically.

The only upside is that we usually get Jim Hughson for these games.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Almost guaranteed TBH

retro night no way they don't trot out their supposed "#1 goaltender". If the canucks want to win they need to start Markstrom he's much better #bringonanothergoaltendercontroversy

I dunno, I think Miller's been playing very well. Markstrom will get his turn to be #1.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
God i hope we don't get Glen Healy between the benches, just a vomit inducing personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad