Speculation: retool? rebuild? i dont think chevy is done

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Who me?:sarcasm: Add Enstrom and Bogosian to that list as well. Kane has shown this year that he cares and plays like it on the ice, more so than any of the so-called core, at the beginning of the season who would have thought that.

I concur.:handclap:

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Speaking of rebuilding, would you guys be fine with a transaction including Mooseheads's goalie and Habs 2012 first round pick Zach Fucale? If i only look at Pavelec's stats, that's not good, would you actually gave up some good player for a futur / maybe #1 goalie (knowing it takes a lot of time to develop).

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Speaking of rebuilding, would you guys be fine with a transaction including Mooseheads's goalie and Habs 2012 first round pick Zach Fucale? If i only look at Pavelec's stats, that's not good, would you actually gave up some good player for a futur / maybe #1 goalie (knowing it takes a lot of time to develop).

No interest in Fucale from our end. We have 2 prospects of equal or better projection than him in Comrie and Hellebuyck. We also have Kasdorf, Huchingson, Olkinuora, etc. Lots of goalie depth right now, even if it doesn't help us in the present.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
No interest in Fucale from our end. We have 2 prospects of equal or better projection than him in Comrie and Hellebuyck. We also have Kasdorf, Huchingson, Olkinuora, etc. Lots of goalie depth right now, even if it doesn't help us in the present.

Oh yeah Comrie is doing pretty good with Tri-City. Some folks were wondering what it takes to bring Big Buff in Montreal, and wondered if Fucale would be enough.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Oh yeah Comrie is doing pretty good with Tri-City. Some folks were wondering what it takes to bring Big Buff in Montreal, and wondered if Fucale would be enough.

It would take more than your goalie depth to swing a trade for Buff. I'd start with Galchenyuk. Your immediate reaction should be a "Hell no", but that's the type of trade offer that would make Chevy listen. You trade talent for talent, and Fucale is a very minor part of any trade offer for Buff.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
It would take more than your goalie depth to swing a trade for Buff. I'd start with Galchenyuk. Your immediate reaction should be a "Hell no", but that's the type of trade offer that would make Chevy listen. You trade talent for talent, and Fucale is a very minor part of any trade offer for Buff.

Chevy wants immediate help i guess, I wasn't even aware that Comrie was drafted by the Jets my bad. I think a Pacioretty vs Buff trade would be more likely? Bergevin is willing to trade him, talent for talent :)

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Chevy wants immediate help i guess, I wasn't even aware that Comrie was drafted by the Jets my bad. I think a Pacioretty vs Buff trade would be more likely? Bergevin is willing to trade him, talent for talent :)

That's more like it but I really believe we will get offered more at the deadline. Top 6 player + 1st at least, imo.

Buff is a player you just can't compare to anyone and he could play a key role on a contender, just like he did with Chicago.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Diaz is RHD which we have no need for at all. Should be LHD. Hudon I don't know nothing about, TBH.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=76324

Per HF :

Talent Analysis

Hudon is mainly known for his offensive skills but can also play defensively as seen by his solid plus/minus differential over the last two years at the junior level. The talented winger is blessed with superior hockey sense, a great vision and quick hands which allow him to control the play in the offensive zone and create scoring opportunities for him and his line-mates. He has maturity beyond his age while providing leadership, character and a strong work ethic for his teammates. The smallish forward will need to add more muscle mass to withstand the physical play along the boards at the pro level while working on his skating edge control and his four step acceleration.

Future

Hudon will be returning for his fourth season in the QJMHL with the Chicoutimi Saguenéens and should play for Team Canada at the 2014 World Junior Championship as long as he can remain healthy this year. The talented forward is expected to dominate at the junior level and be his team's offensive engine again this season.

The only reason the Habs are willing to let him go is because he's 5'10, and they have enought of it already. He is a raw talent. Just need to bulk up.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
It was just some random thoughts guys ! Anyway thanks for answer, i hope the Jets will keep alive that streak !

From a value perspective you made a less than lame duck offer, which I appreciate. Just so happens that the depth you have to trade isn't the same depth we need to add. :dunno:

Thanks for the well wishes, I usually root for you guys when you're not playing us, too. :)

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
So he's basically Nic Petan but not that good? :P

I don't think we need two Petans

What's wrong with having two Petans? More good players is always good.

Plus Patches is really good at hockey. He is arguably the best player in the trade. I agree that adding a RD isn't ideal for the Jets, but Patches, Diaz and a solid prospect like Hudon would be a great return for Byfuglien IMO - especially if the Jets plan to play him at RW.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Plus Patches is really good at hockey. He is arguably the best player in the trade. I agree that adding a RD isn't ideal for the Jets, but Patches, Diaz and a solid prospect like Hudon would be a great return for Byfuglien IMO - especially if the Jets plan to play him at RW.

I'm a HUGE fan of Patches, but that's mainly because I saw a crap ton of him in the AHL.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I think i'd do that deal.

Obviously i'd "love" if Diaz was replaced with an equivilent left handed dman, but i'd still do that deal.

the prospect of our top two lines being

Ladd little patches
Kane schiefel Wheeler

or any combination is very nice

add in a high talent prospect and another decent warm body on the blue line and i'm all ears.

I'm sure you could probably pick up a pretty decent LD in a seperate deal with Diaz and Hudon as your chips.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

Never said it was a bad deal but he asked for every player and I said what was the point from Jets side about Diaz and Hudon. That's it.

It's still a decent trade but Diaz and Hudon wouldn't be the best options for us.

and about Petan:

Yeah having a second Petan would be nice. But Hudon doesn't seem to be as good as Petan and Petan is a gamble to begin with regarding making the NHL and being a contributing piece. I doubt Hudon will make it, IMO.

If Petan has a 50-50 chance, Hudon has what... 25-75 for not making it? You could still go for it, of course, but why taking that risk if you have someone like him anyway PLUS better chances to make it as a NHL player.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
i'm thinking pac for buff 1 for 1 isn't really a "bad" deal on it's own, it wouldnt' take much more then pac for me to move buff (pac's pretty young and on a decent contract is he not?).

Diaz is a capable nhl D man, and if hudon appears to have become a "second round talent" then i'd be pretty ok with that deal

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
If we can get Patches and a LHD for Buff, I would hope that Chevy takes that. A top 4 LHD and Patches would make this team better than Buff does IMO.

And I think that Montreal would gain from that too.

Get it done Chevy!

Of course, losing Thorburn would sting...

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4