GDT: Retirement home of life @ Retirement home of hockey 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
next year I would expect playoffs unless a barrage of injuries or something completely bizarre happens... if u have to ask y it will be different then u don't understand developement at all

Well there's two types of development. Regular and Panthers development.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
next year I would expect playoffs unless a barrage of injuries or something completely bizarre happens... if u have to ask y it will be different then u don't understand developement at all

Either that or you have watched enough hockey to see that projections don't always pan out, but that might fall into the happens every year but completely bizarre category.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The big picture would be easier to see if these were close games, or games that we lost because of invidual mistakes.

The team has looked all around inept for close to 10 games now. That's not perfectly fine and that's not just a bad stretch.

Well that's exactly what happened... Boyes had an open net one timer..whiffed.. Mitchell made a mistake on jagr..boom that's 2 mistakes that cost the game... we held them to 14? Shots... not like we got owned.. new jersey played very well and that's exactly how they want to play.. it worked..give them credit move on...

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Well that's exactly what happened... Boyes had an open net one timer..whiffed.. Mitchell made a mistake on jagr..boom that's 2 mistakes that cost the game... we held them to 14? Shots... not like we got owned.. new jersey played very well and that's exactly how they want to play.. it worked..give them credit move on...

But its still not only this game. its 7 to 10 games before this one aswell that has looked really bad.

Yeah they had 14 shots but it was enough playing on a b2b.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Either that or you have watched enough hockey to see that projections don't always pan out, but that might fall into the happens every year but completely bizarre category.

Now now. It says his location is EDMONTON. He's seen what correct development is like firsthand :laugh: We cannot comprehend whats the correct way

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Yup watched tone of hockey... sorry but physica, mental and emotional maturity help 18-22 year olds... that's just a fact so I can expect hubs barky Ekblad jugs tro Grimaldi etc to get better and more consistent

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Getting better accomplishes nothing? Interesting strategy cotton let's see if it pays off

I see nothing in our play to make me believe we are. Any better than we were last year save for ekblad and Luongo over the last 10+ games. We are on a downward trend.

Getting stuck in the trap of mediocrity is what we did to get in this 10 year drought in the first place

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
But its still not only this game. its 7 to 10 games before this one aswell that has looked really bad.

Yeah they had 14 shots but it was enough playing on a b2b.

Yup that's what young teams do.. peaks and valleys..as they mature the valleys will level out...Bjugstad and barkov went missing tinight... that will happen less as they mature... that's developement

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Yup that's what young teams do.. peaks and valleys..as they mature the valleys will level out...Bjugstad and barkov went missing tinight... that will happen less as they mature... that's developement

You do know were like 3rd oldest team in the league

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I see nothing in our play to make me believe we are. Any better than we were last year save for ekblad and Luongo over the last 10+ games. We are on a downward trend.

Getting stuck in the trap of mediocrity is what we did to get in this 10 year drought in the first place

Ya your right finishing with 20 more points in the standings isn't Improvement ...:shakehead it's better to stay in dead last haha

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
an improvement is if we're playing consistently better and for the first 40 games, i'd say we certainly improved. But these past 10 or so games, we're not showing that we can sustain our improved play from the first half and that's what's disappointing.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
an improvement is if we're playing consistently better and for the first 40 games, i'd say we certainly improved. But these past 10 or so games, we're not showing that we can sustain our improved play from the first half and that's what's disappointing.

Yeah but when your 18 year old rookie D-man is 2nd on the team in points you just know that your not making the playoffs.

Nothing against Ekblad but hes not 2nd on many other teams in the league.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Who cares I'm talking the core of this team... can't we use common sense?

Common sense should lead us to recognized that pumping up the great young core has been pushed with the Panthers for at least 15 years. Every team has a great young core of 4 or 5 players that may or may not pan out to be future allstars. Some teams surround that young core with proven players who aren't waiting for the kids. Outside of Luongo, we have Mitchell, Campbell, and the other plugs.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
That 20 points is all Luongo and nothing else

Yeah... Like we haven't improve on the ice...

Come on Mogo ! You can atleast say that you've seen a real hockey-team this year, unlike all those past seasons...

Don't know why we are back to "can't make a pass" mode.

This game was disgraceful...

Flash with the turnover at the end and still on this team ? It's a mess ! A disgust !

:shakehead

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Come on Mogo ! You can atleast say that you've seen a real hockey-team this year, unlike all those past seasons...

Flash with the turnover at the end and still on this team ? It's a mess ! A disgust !

Not the first time I've seen Fleischmann screw up a late scoring push. It's a joke that he's still on this team. Should've been booted months ago.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Yes, we looked improved the first 40 games. But many of those games were won because Luongo too. With any other old goalie duo we wouldn't have been that good the first 40 games. No denying that. But the last 10 games we have looked the same ol same ol

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Not the first time I've seen Fleischmann screw up a late scoring push. It's a joke that he's still on this team. Should've been booted months ago.

He has that NMC. I believe he can't even be waived because of that?

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Common sense should lead us to recognized that pumping up the great young core has been pushed with the Panthers for at least 15 years. Every team has a great young core of 4 or 5 players that may or may not pan out to be future allstars. Some teams surround that young core with proven players who aren't waiting for the kids. Outside of Luongo, we have Mitchell, Campbell, and the other plugs.

That always keeps me leery. I remember when Weiss, Horton and J-Bo developed, we were on our way. Well, it never happened. Luongo left, and it started over again. It's getting sooooooo old.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
That 20 points is all Luongo and nothing else

Keep telling yourself that... I guess being top 5 in shots against is all on Luongo too? It's a team bud and Luongo has done **** all the last few games as well... we consistently out shoot the oppostion.. is that on Lu too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad