GDT: Retirement home of life @ Retirement home of hockey 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
It's like they gave us a break from the awful for a few weeks and then it's right back to what it's been for the last 20 years. I mean, anyone watching this team for the last little while can see it's the same old Panthers, and it's initiated by the veterans. Jokinen, Bolland, Campbell, Flash, Kopecky, Upshall... they're basically the same player, especially the first three. Most of those guys have been here sucking for years, we finish dead last and next to last, and instead of subtracting that elk from the team, we go and add more of them (Jokinen and Bolland). No wonder we suck, and have been sucking and will continue to suck.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
This exactly. I'm as disgusted at this effort as the rest of you. We looked so damn good before that game in Winnipeg game and I actually semi-thought we could possibly earn a divisional spot. I mean I don't know how you lose against a team with tons of overpaid veterans, a backup goaltender with a 1-3-3 record, and 14 shots on goal and only FOUR in the last two periods.

Now, I realize that everything just so happened through our first 40 games clicked like it overall did in 2012 to get into the playoffs. This season, Luongo and the defense was phenomenal and was holding us in the games thus far as the offense is poor especially from the veterans. Now, the defense is falling apart and Luongo can't save us in every game.

Overall, we're a mediocre team and probably shouldn't be a playoff team to begin with yet. It's just frustrating that we know what they're capable of and can't stay consistent with it. In most of the losses over the last couple of weeks, it's because we can't play a full 60-minutes and the issues happen early on in the game.

Nevertheless, I'm damn excited about our future as our young kids are going to lead this team into a contender. It's just way too early for the success to happen as we've been brutally bad over the last two seasons. The jump hardly happens that quickly.

The only thing that does scare me is, while we're getting rid of some overpaid veteran weight after this season, guys like Bolland and Jokinen's contracts are here for awhile. I think it's too late to make a trade to save this season and at this point wouldn't make sense.

If Tallon is going to make a trade, do it for long-term. While I was on-board with getting a guy like Jagr, it won't help us when the team will have much higher potential in two seasons.

Things will get better as time goes on. Many fans around the league keep saying we're going to be scary good soon, but after so many damn years of seeing games like tonight, I can understand everyone's frustration.

Great post. And your last sentence is exactly why I'm so upset. I start getting flashbacks and I can't ****ing stand it.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Thoughts on Petrovic?
Think he's more confident in the offensive zone than the defensive zone. Think he's a slight upgrade over Olsen so far.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
The second half of the season is upon us. Good teams seem to turn it up after the Christmas break. The Panthers have dropped off instead of turning it up.

The first half of the season many teams are adjusting to new teammates, linemates, or even a new system. This is when teams decide to push for the playoffs or sell off players.

The next 7-8 games in the first two weeks of February will decide the Panthers fate. Playoff team or potential lottery team.

Personally I hope for the boys to turn it around and make the push! But then again I go into every game thinking they are going to win!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
GG comments are getting really old

Panthers coach Gerard Gallant said. "We didn't come out ready to play a real good hockey game. We were a little sleepy the first 10 minutes. After that we played well, but you can't get away with that and we didn't tonight.''
First 10 minutes? **** off Gallant.

How delusional is this guy really?

I agree. Flash, Bergy, Upshall, Kopecky should be gone via UFA

Somebody hopefully wants Boyes for a pick at the deadline

Were stuck with Jokinen and 5.5 and nothing we can do about that.
Hopefully these trades bring back some bodies (that are UFAs obviously), because Grimaldi isn't ready yet and I don't want him anywhere near this mess that the team is in right now.

Also it would suck for SA if we just took all of their best players, they don't deserve that.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
The second half of the season is upon us. Good teams seem to turn it up after the Christmas break. The Panthers have dropped off instead of turning it up.

The first half of the season many teams are adjusting to new teammates, linemates, or even a new system. This is when teams decide to push for the playoffs or sell off players.

The next 7-8 games in the first two weeks of February will decide the Panthers fate. Playoff team or potential lottery team.

Personally I hope for the boys to turn it around and make the push! But then again I go into every game thinking they are going to win!

You can usually see after the first 2 minutes of a game how it's gonna end for the Panthers. I had that same feeling when the season started but they proved me wrong many times. It looked like it's gonna be same ol same ol then they started to play. Now it looks like the same ol. The effort you see the first couple minutes is what your gonna see for the rest of the game except that 5 minute spurt in some part of the game they try

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
First 10 minutes? **** off Gallant.

How delusional is this guy really?

Hey, don't blame it on the coach. He is trying his best to whip the most out of this group of sub-par players.

But seriously, I wouldn't pay much attention to what the post-game storytelling session provides. He has nothing to gain in front of the media, regardless whether he's actually telling the truth or not.

Thoughts on Petrovic?
Think he's more confident in the offensive zone than the defensive zone. Think he's a slight upgrade over Olsen so far.

Don't worry. Let him fumble the puck a few times and that perceived image will change in a hurry. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad