Resume of the 2018-1019 in a few words

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Middle of the pack (+/-) roller coaster ride. Slow ride up, fast ride down but how far down can we go?

giphy.gif

Unless there's a big miracle UFA signing, i see us picking top 10 next year.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
The bad powerplay gave birth to another thread. Color me shocked.

that's still one of the best 5 on 5 habs edition we've seen in a long time.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Possible. Heading into this year, I was talking about the impact pride would have and how this would result into a better start vs the 17/18 season. Would we have the same energy and pride heading into next season? Who knows. Maybe the players will be deflated if we miss the playoffs and our roster stays the same heading into next season. What confidence would we have in believing we are a better team?

It's possible we take a step back next year or we stay the same. A lot of things come into play and key players staying healthy is one big one.

In100years

Mar 18, 2019
The bad powerplay gave birth to another thread. Color me shocked.

that's still one of the best 5 on 5 habs edition we've seen in a long time.
Good post.
Hmm... I just signed up to hfboards… I almost would like to start a new thread with a title "Habs 2018-2019 apprecciation thread", I'm just too lazy to figure out how to do it.
I mean, this team fought well against everyone, without 1st line or 1st PP unit. We just did not have them. Each and everyone on THIS team should be proud of themselves. I can't ask for more from these guys as a group. I know i know, this has been said many times here already...
Habs may never win the Cup again, but maybe next year some youngster is filling nets with pucks…

:D

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Price bounces back - great news. I almost have faith in him again as a top goalie/who could be best in league again.

Great season. Unexpected somewhat - a lot o players stepped up.

Also - we're not done yet. I could see us winning a round. Still expect us to make the playoffs.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
A heckuva lot more entertaining then last year.

I didn't think Jersey had a very good team last season when they made the playoffs and they took a step back this year. So I don't think it's the end of the world to miss the playoffs (although it would be fun to follow).

A step forward and hopefully something to build on going forward.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well...if we played for .500 for the rest of the way, we end with 91pts. That would have put us at 20th if we go by last year's standings. We are currently 15th overall...it's not impossible for us to drop down to pick in the top 10 this year, especially given our schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad