Confirmed with Link: Restocking Wilkes-Barre: Pens sign Conner, Drazenovic, Ebbett, Farnham to 2-way deals

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Speaking of weird name guys, whatever happened to Alex Smigelski? He was like the dollar store Alex Goligoski.

The last I found out he suffered a head injury, (concussion I believe), and part way through last season, I found nothing about where he was playing or if he was playing.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
FWIW on Drazenovic. He'll be a good AHL scorer for you, and he didn't look out of place in two short call-up stints with the CBJ last year. He's been well-coached by Brad Larsen in Springfield.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Competition in training camp, and a 3rd minor league goalie so we can send one to Wheeling. Killeen is gone and who knows whether Montreal will send down a goalie again.

I'm surprised the article did not mention that Peter Mannino has local ties. Ten years ago he won the NAHL championship with the Pittsburgh Forge. Dylan Reese was also on that team, founded and managed by former Pens head coach Kevin Constantine.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Competition in training camp, and a 3rd minor league goalie so we can send one to Wheeling. Killeen is gone and who knows whether Montreal will send down a goalie again.

I'm surprised the article did not mention that Peter Mannino has local ties. Ten years ago he won the NAHL championship with the Pittsburgh Forge. Dylan Reese was also on that team, founded and managed by former Pens head coach Kevin Constantine.

I knew than name sounded familiar. I used to go to a lot of Forge games.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Lets be honest.. we all knew the Shero's mancrush on Chris Conner would resurface sooner than later. It was only a matter of time. He can't contain himself when it comes to undersized grinders.

The Pens will be Mannino's 12th team since turning pro. That's insane.
Wow.. that is quite a number. Mike Sillinger pt2?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
MV5BMTU1NDIwMDUxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDczNzE3Nw@@._V1._SY314_CR2,0,214,314_.jpg

Gibbon-05.jpg

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I just hope there's a college FA named Benny Marmoset we can set our sights on in the near future.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Tom Grace is leaving WBS to zam his way into the role of Manager of Team Services for the Panthers. Congratulations to him, but for WBS fans, today is a day of mourning. It is no longer on like Donkey Kong.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Tom Grace is leaving WBS to zam his way into the role of Manager of Team Services for the Panthers. Congratulations to him, but for WBS fans, today is a day of mourning. It is no longer on like Donkey Kong.

This is a sad day. I really enjoyed listening to the highlights people would post :laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
not a huge fan of his PBP but he seems like a decent guy, good luck to him.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
"Look out, Neilson. MacIntyre is teeing off like it's a PGA golf exhibition!"

"Zach Sill is doing Led Zeppelin drum practice on Garrett Mitchell's face."

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I guess this means Mike O'Brien is taking over the PBP job full time now.

He's much less biased than Grace, but he doesn't seem to have a real handle on what calling a game actually entails, and his yelling is kind of obnoxious.

Hopefully practice makes perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad