Confirmed with Link: Restocking Wilkes-Barre: Pens sign Conner, Drazenovic, Ebbett, Farnham to 2-way deals

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The way I see it right now, Zolnierczyk plus these three guys are going to be able to battle for the 13th forward spot. They all bring something a bit different so it should be (mildly) interesting.

I'm sure I've seen him play but I don't remember anything about Drazenovic. Looks good on paper though.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm sure I've seen him play but I don't remember anything about Drazenovic. Looks good on paper though.

He almost scored a couple of shorthanded goals against WBS on the same powerplay, that's about all I remember about him.

So he kills penalties too, I suppose.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Yes, Conner. He'll forever be haunted by his shoot out gaff, but I appreciate him.

Yup. People going nuts for no reason. Fast energy player with a little scoring ability that isn't a liability and wins more board battles that he has any right to.

I'd rather have him in rather than Glass.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Yup. People going nuts for no reason. Fast energy player with a little scoring ability that isn't a liability and wins more board battles that he has any right to.

I'd rather have him in rather than Glass.

I'd rather have Glass.

Toughness > useless hockey players

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Andrew Ebbett ‏@aebbett
Couldn't be more excited to join the Pittsburgh Penguins organization and see what this Eastern Conference is all about! #newchallenge

https://twitter.com/aebbett/status/353546892132618240

Better be the Eastern conference of the AHL.

Honestly, if this guy sees significant time with the Penquins, you've got huge problems. Only thing worse than his smallness is his lack of any speed.

Pens seems in the same plight as the Canucks as they rummage through the trash bins.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
Oh god, it is Chris Conner. That 4th-line is now reality.

Who else from the 2009 season is available? Can we smuggle Fedentenko back from the KHL? Is Satan playing in some Slovak league? Bring 'em back. Where have you gone Petr Sykora?

LOL Billy G for sure :laugh:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
Laugh all you want but these are the moves we'll probably have to make the next few years to fill up roster spots. I'm really hoping we have an awful 2014-15 season, imagine how sweet it would be if we landed Connor McDavid.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
His summer training regimen consists of him saving peoples' lives.

http://citizensvoice.com/sports/penguins-bobby-farnham-earns-a-big-time-save-1.1468085

Just another ordinary day for Bobby Farnham.

Bobby Farnham: Pugilist, Life Saver... Penguin. Can a future presidential bid be out of the question?

Laugh all you want but these are the moves we'll probably have to make the next few years to fill up roster spots. I'm really hoping we have an awful 2014-15 season, imagine how sweet it would be if we landed Connor McDavid.

No reason to want that. We're more likely to have a bad season this upcoming year if we can't fill out the bottom 6 with legit players. Next summer we'll have quite a bit more money to spend because of cap increases and possibility of Fleury being moved / bought out, as well as guys like Orpik reaching the end of their rope. In fact wouldn't be shocked to see Orpik moved at the deadline now that Scuds is here. Whatever we can say about Scuds' age, we can be sure his body is in better shape / has taken less of a toll than Orpik's at a similar age, so probably has a couple additional years in the tank.

I won't be shocked if going into next summer's FA period we're 8-10M under the cap with all our key guys inked going in. By then hopefully there will be less question about where guys like Bennett and Despres belong in the lineup, alleviating the need to use up that money on only one or two players (mostly).

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
Bobby Farnham: Pugilist, Life Saver... Penguin. Can a future presidential bid be out of the question?

No reason to want that. We're more likely to have a bad season this upcoming year if we can't fill out the bottom 6 with legit players. Next summer we'll have quite a bit more money to spend because of cap increases and possibility of Fleury being moved / bought out, as well as guys like Orpik reaching the end of their rope. In fact wouldn't be shocked to see Orpik moved at the deadline now that Scuds is here. Whatever we can say about Scuds' age, we can be sure his body is in better shape / has taken less of a toll than Orpik's at a similar age, so probably has a couple additional years in the tank.

I won't be shocked if going into next summer's FA period we're 8-10M under the cap.

I would be shocked to see Orpik moved this year, and especially at the deadline. I know a lot of people are already predicting abject failure in next years playoffs, but there's no way Shero is trading away the longest tenured member of the team who takes it up a notch in the playoffs. Especially not when this team, as constructed, is already a legit Cup contender.

The bottom-six isn't as strong due to the Cap crunch, and Shero's decision to prioritize bringing in a partner for Letang over having a little better depth at forward. Some people obviously disagree with that decision, but this team is still improved over the team that cruised to a first place finish in the conference last year. The doom and gloom around here, even from the long time posters I've come to respect is getting to be almost ridiculous.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

That's a pretty asinine statement. These guys are AHL fill-ins (and good ones at that) and none of them will play regular minutes in the NHL. These kinds of players are signed every year and usually we never see them in Pittsburgh at all.. look at Holzapfel, Dupuis and Peters last season. They're brought in to win games for the baby Pens, be mentors to the young players, and get a call up in case of an injury.

Oh and hoping your team finishes dead last makes you a pretty ****** fan.

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
I'd rather have Glass.

Toughness > useless hockey players

I'd agree with the toughness thing if Glass was tough. He threw a few more consequential hits towards the end of the season, but he doesn't fight heavies, loses to the middles more often than not, is a pretty crappy PKer, abomination on the puck and the vast majority of his hits are love taps. I'd rather have Farnham up than either of those two and that's just because it'd be hilarious.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I'd agree with the toughness thing if Glass was tough. He threw a few more consequential hits towards the end of the season, but he doesn't fight heavies, loses to the middles more often than not, is a pretty crappy PKer, abomination on the puck and the vast majority of his hits are love taps. I'd rather have Farnham up than either of those two and that's just because it'd be hilarious.

I can't wait to see Farnham play a pre-season game.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
You know the best thing about Zolneroid? His name reminds me a lot of Goginovski, which means that talking about Zoltan will be a potentially entertaining experience... further adding value to our entertaining franchise of entertainers. Zoltarskowicz will probably end up being my favorite dirtbag player ever.

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
You know the best thing about Zolneroid? His name reminds me a lot of Goginovski, which means that talking about Zoltan will be a potentially entertaining experience... further adding value to our entertaining franchise of entertainers. Zoltarskowicz will probably end up being my favorite dirtbag player ever.

Zoneentry lacks the tasty connotations of Matt Cooke, but his love for headhunting should make Zoochewer an adequate dirtbag.

Z doesn't even look like a real letter anymore.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

Speaking of weird name guys, whatever happened to Alex Smigelski? He was like the dollar store Alex Goligoski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad