OT: Restaurant thread

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don't dine out much but these are the usuals in my rotation...

India Palace
Falafel Place
Magic Thailand
Nhu Quynh

I also love pizza but am limited to gluten free crust. I've sampled the whole spectrum from the high end (Pizzeria Gusto, Carbone, Santa Ana) to the low end (Dominos) and none come close to Pizza Hotline. Their cauliflower crust with specialty toppings is by far the best.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I don't dine out much but these are the usuals in my rotation...

India Palace
Falafel Place
Magic Thailand
Nhu Quynh

I also love pizza but am limited to gluten free crust. I've sampled the whole spectrum from the high end (Pizzeria Gusto, Carbone, Santa Ana) to the low end (Dominos) and none come close to Pizza Hotline. Their cauliflower crust with specialty toppings is by far the best.
Cauliflower crust pizza is underrated!

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I crave Dairi-Wip daily. Best fatboy and fries+chilli in the city. Not even close. Favorite Chinese used to be Sumhay but new owners have ruined it. Now its Fortune Cooking on St James(original owner of Sumhay). Best beef fried rice/lemon chicken/almond shrimp/sizzling shrimp in the city. Honorable mention to Hungs Garden. For sweets if you haven't tried Snow and Moon also on St James youre missing out. Ice cream milk flake creations that are amazing.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I used to go to Dairi-Wip quite a bit when I lived in St. B, good burgers and I liked the pic of JFK on the wall that has probably been hanging there since the 60s. The Dairy Delight on St. Anne's Rd is also a good burger/ice cream joint.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Best bubble tea?
Asia City on Sargent is really good. The young coconut is a treat.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Merchant Kitchen is pretty darn great, their KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) is mind blowing! A bit pricey, but a great treat.

Soup, Sandwiches, and More is an underrated (or maybe unknown?) breakfast place if you ask me.

Reactions: Ducky10

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Too many faves to list right now but I'll start with these...
  1. Italian: Santa Ana (my favourite restaurant of any kind in the city)
  2. Chinese: Hung's
  3. Steak: The Keg on Garry (yes, this Keg location is better than the others)
  4. Greeks burgers: VJ's... or George's in a pinch
  5. Non-Greeks burgers: Five Guys

Okay, that's enough for now... I'm hungry! :laugh:

Oh man, I used to LOVE VJ’s burgers!!!!

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
This OT would be the most natural for me today, but because hanging in a local pub(s) have been habit for years, and something I consider "normal" for everyday life, too normal I try limit it myself, I don't think I want contribute here too much. Logbook notes about daily consumption would only make me (and everyone else) feel bad. Its occasionally absolutely too much.

Yam yam, and Cheers! :D

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Red Top was a regular haunt of mine throughout University. Double cheeseburger, extra mustard, extra pickles, fries and Chili. One quibble I always had with the Top was a poor burger to bun ratio, wasn’t enough to stop going but damn that bun was too big.
I was there a few weeks ago and the bun is still way bigger than the burger .

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I used to go to Dairi-Wip quite a bit when I lived in St. B, good burgers and I liked the pic of JFK on the wall that has probably been hanging there since the 60s. The Dairy Delight on St. Anne's Rd is also a good burger/ice cream joint.
Love the Burger factory's fries and gravy .

Reactions: jokesondee

angrymnky

May 31, 2011
Winnipeg
Lots of great places mentioned. I Like Merkato for Ethiopian, yafa cafe for hummus and coffee, affinity for crispy black mushroom and golden loong for cumin noodles.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Oh man, I used to LOVE VJ’s burgers!!!!

Super Boys on Main has better burgers than VJ’s.

Baraka Pita on Main very good as well!

Favorite dirty Vietnamese restaurant is Vi-Ann on Norte Dame

Cheap Chinese Toy Sun on Henderson

still looking for a really good Deli in Winnipeg, nothing has impressed me so far

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Super Boys on Main has better burgers than VJ’s.

Baraka Pita on Main very good as well!

Favorite dirty Vietnamese restaurant is Vi-Ann on Norte Dame

Cheap Chinese Toy Sun on Henderson

still looking for a really good Deli in Winnipeg, nothing has impressed me so far
Luda’s is the best I think.
Myers
Ira’s
Nathan’s Detroit.

Guess it depends what you like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad