Rumor: Report: Red Wings want 1st-round pick for Nyquist, Howard

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
What would Detroit ask from the Habs for Nyquist if they took Daley back in the deal as well?

You would have to give value for both players. Wings aren't in a cap crunch so there's no reason to add Daley to the deal to clear salary and drop the return for Nyqvist. (I think that's what you were getting at, sorry if i'm incorrect).

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Well, Howard is telling the league he doesnt want to be traded

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
You would have to give value for both players. Wings aren't in a cap crunch so there's no reason to add Daley to the deal to clear salary and drop the return for Nyqvist. (I think that's what you were getting at, sorry if i'm incorrect).
I just wanted to know the value to both together. Not saying he dropped the value. I’d like to see:

Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi Nyquist
Byron Kotkaniemi Armia
Deslauriers Thompson Shaw

Mete Weber
Reilly Petry
Benn Daley
Kulak Folin

I think Lehkonen will be of interest to the Wings and would want him back in a deal for sure.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I just wanted to know the value to both together. Not saying he dropped the value. I’d like to see:

Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi Nyquist
Byron Kotkaniemi Armia
Deslauriers Thompson Shaw

Mete Weber
Reilly Petry
Benn Daley
Kulak Folin

I think Lehkonen will be of interest to the Wings and would want him back in a deal for sure.

I read your question the way you said it. I could see Daley requiring an extra third or 4th round pick to acquire depending on what else is offered for Nyquist

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
Meh. Doubt it. I am not sure I see any reason. Does not have Nyquist upside. Sure hes cheap but so plenty of cheap young wingers frk, bertuzzi, zadina, hell even pluempel could prob fill Lehkonen's role.

Wed be better off signing nyquist at 6m. At least he is a talent. Lehkonen just is not that valuable to any team. Hes waiver fodder imo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad