Speculation: Renaud Lavoie: Toronto & Tampa in for Gudbranson

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You do a huge disservice speaking on behalf of "most Leaf fans" when you say something this ill-informed.

Again, see above. You don't know what you are talking about, which is fine, but when you attribute your ignorance to "most Leaf fans" you do a disservice to the Leaf fans that populate these boards that actually are aware of the abilities and qualities of players that wear uniforms that don't have a Maple Leaf on the front.
Gudbranson is lousy. I really hope most Leafs fans can see that

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Alex Petrovic hits all of the same positive attributes, is not as much a liability in the offensive zone, is younger, cheaper, and a better skater.
If we're gonna go for a RHD with size and grit he is my hope

I agree plus I don't believe he's a regular in the lineup for Florida meaning he'd hopefully be less expensive to acquire.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Gudbranson is lousy. I really hope most Leafs fans can see that
Leafs opinions are like stray cats...people will feed them once in a while but no one wants them....

Leafs make the playoffs and now fans are an authority on hl talent.

Gudbranson is playing 20 minutes a night and is coming off injury. He has been the Canucks best d man over the last few games.

The leafs won the lottery pick...beyond Matthews and Marner I would take any garbage from your team anyway.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well if some of you leaf fans seem to think Babcock would love this guy what he he discussed an extension with your team and once agreed upon the deal would be completed?

I am not going to speculate the term or cap hit that is all for your GM and his agent.

But is Gudbranson is going to the leafs with a contract extension in place, what is his value in your opinion?

In my honest opinion, his value is low either signed or as an UFA. He is a slight step up from Polak....that's not saying much, he just isn't a guy i want to target at all.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Leafs opinions are like stray cats...people will feed them once in a while but no one wants them....

Gudbranson is playing 20 minutes a night and is coming off injury. He has been the Canucks best d man over the last few games.

The leafs won the lottery pick...beyond Matthews and Marner I would take any garbage from your team anyway.
i feel bad for the Canucks if he's their best defenseman for any significant stretch. he's a bad player

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Ah yes, the old Rielly/Nylander/Kadri/JVR/Brown are garbage and are not worth our amazing Gudbranson!!!

And i find it funny that a fan of a team that cheated to get the Sedins would throw out the old "got lucky and won the lottery" schtick.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Ah yes, the old Rielly/Nylander/Kadri/JVR/Brown are garbage and are not worth our amazing Gudbranson!!!

And i find it funny that a fan of a team that cheated to get the Sedins would throw out the old "got lucky and won the lottery" schtick.
Minus Matthews you would still be at the bottom of the league before you won the lottery pick.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
POLAK = hot trash... not a comparable....
Actually, quite comparable....both are horrible offensively, both are slow, both play a "physical" game, both are bottom pairing D. Guds is younger...and as i said, a little better than Polak.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
It's interesting that you mentioned Brown because I could see Benning asking for him as part of the deal.

Seems to be his MO.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Actually, quite comparable....both are horrible offensively, both are slow, both play a "physical" game, both are bottom pairing D. Guds is younger...and as i said, a little better than Polak.
Gudbranson known for his excellent skating ability and speed. Not slow what so ever. If Polak gave Gudbranson one of his cycles then maybe they would be the same speed.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Gudbranson is sheltered and still gets badly outplayed and outchanced every time he's on the ice, and he provides no offense. Why would anyone want him?

Feb 24, 2017

How did the Canucks cheat to get the Sedins? I have never heard anything like that.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Gudbranson is sheltered and still gets badly outplayed and outchanced every time he's on the ice, and he provides no offense. Why would anyone want him?
Lol, I'm sure you watch every game and pay close attention to him when he's on the ice. Man, I really hope he goes to Toronto and the next day you guys will all be talking about how great he is....

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Reading the last few pages seems like he's considerably higher valued by Canuck fans than any others.
Maybe the best thing is Benning locking him up for a few years.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Lol, I'm sure you watch every game and pay close attention to him when he's on the ice. Man, I really hope he goes to Toronto and the next day you guys will all be talking about how great he is....
i watch canucks games pretty regularly. do you trust my eye test more than the stats?

member 105785

Canucks finished 2nd last in the league in the 98-99 season, went down a spot in the lottery, picked third, traded a 1st and Bryan McCabe for 4th overall, traded the 4thOA plus two 3rds for 1st, then let the Thrashers pick first so that Burke didn't have to go up to the stage twice if they promised to take Patrik Stefan.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Reading the last few pages seems like he's considerably higher valued by Canuck fans than any others.
Maybe the best thing is Benning locking him up for a few years.
Your reading wrong then we for the most part cant stand him. We are ranking our d in the Canucks forum and we are at #7 now and down to him and Pouliot lol

Reactions: dim jim and bukwas

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
As a Canucks fan 1st i want as much return as possible but i like the Leafs and want them to go far this year and cant really see Gudbranson helping them. If anything hed make them worse so id prefer him go to a team i dont care about

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Gudbranson known for his excellent skating ability and speed. Not slow what so ever. If Polak gave Gudbranson one of his cycles then maybe they would be the same speed.
I'll take your word for it....you can keep the little speedster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad